Old July 6th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Caution: hunting in progress

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Boyfie is hunting again. He hasn't done it much since KFC passed away.
He brought me a very small mouse last night and then 15 minutes later he
came in with a twig and leaves in his mouth wowling (there was a small
mouse in there) I do not want him to find a nest of small fieldmice but
I don't want to discourage him about the small rats. He was out most of
the night looking for another one so I went to bed at 3 a.m when he was
still out. I like to have him inside by 12.

I know exactly what you mean about them killing the field mice but I don't
know what you can do to persuade him to only get the small rats.

Sootie loves to catch mice and I've had to harden myself to leave her with
one on the patio as I couldn't save it. I have saved quite a few though.
When she's on a hunt she won't come inside and I have to leave her out all
night, which I really don't like to do.

If Boyfie is on a hunt he will not come inside at night either.