Old July 4th 04, 09:40 PM
Christine Burel

I'm with you Ginger-lyn -- I hate the fireworks for the same reasons plus
we're in a drought and have had fires out here, so why not just the public
displays????
Christine
"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
Rant mode on/

Why do so many people find it necessary, not just on, but for days
before and after, the 4th of July, to set off incredibly loud
fireworks in crowded neighborhoods? Don't they consider the risk of
setting someone else's home on fire, injuring animals, children or
themselves, giving someone with PTSD severe problems, or causing a
heart attack in an elderly person? They surely don't think of my
cats, two with heart conditions, looking terrified and trying to hide
anywhere they can, as it goes on, for hours, night after night.

Last night, I'd had it. I stepped outside and screamed "Knock it off!
Do you realize there elderly people in this neighorhood with heart
problems? You moronic idiots!"

They set off one last "F-You" blast, and stopped.

Blessed peace for awhile.

Rant mode off/

Ginger-lyn