Old August 15th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
[email protected]

Default Colorado big-cat sanctuary closing, animals need food money

I seldom cry when I open my mail, and I've never before hit up
strangers for one of my favorite charities. But this is a desperate
case.

The Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, Colorado, (formerly The Rocky
Mtn. Wildlife Conservation Center) is going down the tubes after 27
years of caring for thousands of lions, tigers, and other large
predators rescued from private collectors, overcrowded zoos, carnivals,
etc. It will close to the public on Sept. 2.

The short story is that donations have been diverted to large-scale
human tragedies in recent years (i. e., tsunami, Katrina), and the
sanctuary is now too deeply in the red to recover. It has to close.

New homes are being sought in other sanctuaries across the country for
155 animals. But if food money runs out before all animals are placed,
some will have to be put down.

Please, do whatever you can to help keep keep these animals alive until
new homes can be found for them.

www.wildlife-sanctuary.org