Old August 24th 03, 01:03 AM
Yoj

All cats, like all people, are not alike. Some eat on schedule, and
some are grazers. To start withholding food from 10-year-old cat who is
a grazer would be cruel, IMO. My vet thinks the dry food is sufficient.

It is possible that if you start with a kitten, you can train them to
eat what, and when, you want. However, trying to change the eating
habits of a 10-year-old cat does not seem like a good idea to me. I was
apprehensive about switching to the KD, but fortunately she likes that.
I'm not pushing my luck.

Joy

wrote in message
Stop free feeding the cats and feed them on a 12 hour schedule. If

they
have food availble all the time it is impossible to monitor how much
they are eating and makes it more difficult to get them to eat when

you
want them to. Since you have a cat with kidney problems, you should be
trying to get him to eat "more" canned food and eliminate the dry.
Eliminating the canned food for either cat is a bad idea. Canned food

is
healthier for cats. If you want to educate yourslf about canned food

vs.
dry you can read more by clicking on the link and scrolling down to

the
canned vs. dry section:
http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm

I feed my cats a mostly canned diet on a schedule and don't have any
eating issues. They finish everything in about 20 minutes. If one is
sick I know immediately when they don't show up at mealtime.

Megan

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to

do
nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the

decision,
raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings

and
material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come

his
way."

- W.H. Murray