Old October 7th 05, 02:26 PM
Joe Canuck

Cat Protector wrote:

I was wondering if anyone here has ever used those automatic feeders and
water dispensers for cats? I was thinking of getting a couple for my 3 cats
as I might be leaving for Las Vegas for a few days. I am considering a
sitter come in but don't know any I could trust as they would be strangers
to my cats and me as well. I also would be worried that if I did hire a
sitter to come in twice a day to check on them that they might not get food
or water. This is one of the reasons I am considering getting automatic
feeders and waterers for my cats. Is there a reliable brand out there?

Part of the duties of a sitter is to ensure your pets have adequate food
and water.

Ideally, this would be someone you know. If not, checking references
isn't much good... because no one in their right mind provides
references that don't have good things to say.

Word of mouth works well, talk to other pet owners in your area.

On the other hand, your cats might be just fine for 2 - 3 days with an
adequate supply of water & food. It very much depends on the nature of
your cats and whether they have any medical conditions.

I have successfully left mine alone for 3 days. She was much better left
alone at home than being boarded. Adequate supply of water was supplied
by a drinking fountain and bowls of food left in the house.

It is a rare event this happens... she was left alone once in 5 years.