Old January 24th 05, 01:16 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article et, Tanada at
wrote on 1/23/05 6:57 PM:

Ok, kids, I found a mystery series that reminds me of some of the
offbeat personalities and are in this group and some of them that we
have posted about.

Donna Andrews has two series out. I'm not fond of her cyber-linked
series, but then I couldn't find the first book in the series and that
can be important. I couldn't find the first book in her Meg Langslow
series until recently, but I had read all of the others.

In her first Meg Langslow book, "Murder With Peacocks," we meet Meg, her
off beat family and friends and the characters of her neighborhood
outside Yorktown Virginia. Meg is the Matron of honor for three
weddings. Each of them has a different flavor and different twists.
Not only that but each of the prospective brides want to "fix" Meg up
with a suitor, all of whom Meg knows and hates. The guy she's attracted
to is rumored to be gay, the calligrapher is a drunken crazy cat lady,
one of the guests is a nasty old woman who likes to verbally abuse
people, Meg's father is a retired doctor who's hobbies include
mysteries, gardening, bird watching and an obsession with seeing Meg's
brother, Rob, join the medical field, Rob is taking his bar exams at the
same time as he's battling his dad's medical career fixation. Uncle
Horace runs around wearing a beat up old gorilla suit at parties and
these are some of the milder characters.

Guys, I couldn't put the first book down. I laughed so hard at times
that I woke Rob up. Cats only come into it peripherally, but this
series is way TOO funny. Oh and a murder is committed and solved in
each book, honest.

Pam S.

Thanks for the heads up. I was saddened to see that Charlotte MacLeod died
this week. I loved her Peter Shandy series in particular. I'll have to check
out this Donna Andrews.