Old September 20th 03, 08:01 PM
KS

Unca Cory wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:58:10 GMT, KS said...
I finally got the autopsy results tonight. Spook didn't have a chance.

Her heart was okay, but she had "high grade" lymphosarcoma of spleen and liver.
Spleen rupture isn't common, and probably did because it grew very fast. And
it's possible she died in her sleep, no one of knowing.

I asked the vet to give me a scenario, if I'd brought her in the week before.
Until she would have been fully diagnosed with ultrasound, it probably would
have been too late.

TEDs (both human and animal alike) aren't known for running tests willy-
nilly, either, so Spook would have had to present with symptoms *first*
for TED to even *consider* doing an ultrasound. From what you told us
about her last few weeks (God, it's really strange to type that about
Spook, of all kitties), she'd been fine the whole time she'd been sick
(and don't drive yourself crazy, Kami, by going back in time in your mind
and going over things that you think you may have "missed", because all
it's going to do is... well, nothing, really.). By then, IMHO, it
*certainly* would have been too late to do anything worthwhile.

I know that now. At midnight before, she seemed fine. I never heard a sound.
When I found her, she was lying on her side. I hope she passed in her sleep.

snip

So the way she went was the best for Spook, altho I still wish I had had a short
time to have told her one last time how much I love her and how much she meant
to me.

I think she knew. Those few minutes you spent together the night before
her trip to the Bridge may have been her way of saying goodbye and "thank
you" to you, for all we know, for taking such good care of her. Another
way to look at it is that she wanted to spend part of her last night in
some quiet solitude with the person who meant the most to her.

Yeah.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com