Old July 3rd 03, 03:55 AM
Cheryl

Phil P. wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

Dang it.. now I have to deworm Shadow and Shamrock...

ggggggrrrrrrrr

I wouldn't use any OTC wormer - especially piperazine - and
especially in Shadow. Here's an excerpt from my veterinary drug
handbook.

"Piperazine should be considered contraindicated in patients with
chronic liver or kidney disease, and in patients with

gastrointestinal
hypomotility."

I'm sending you the drug monograph via email.

Phil

Hey stranger! Thanks, I wasn't going to use the OTC stuff on Shadow,
it was just the feral that was vomiting worms and I panicked when I
couldn't get a prescription quickly. She didn't eat much so not much
of it went in her (I have to spoonfeed meds into her mixed with a/d).
I'm going to get Drontal or Panacur for the whole gang tomorrow... the
other two don't show any signs of worms and for real they don't have
any physical contact with the feral except for Shamrock and batting
each other through the cage bars but I think to be safe I need to
deworm them all. When she vomited, the worms were spit out on the
floor outside the cage. I've read about Panacur use with chronic
diarrhea so maybe that isn't a bad therapy anyways for Shadow. Thanks
so much for reading this!!

--
Cheryl

--