Old April 7th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Another bath for Billy

On 2006-04-06 18:06:18 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Pat" wrote in message
news
He got poopie stuck in the fur under his tail again. He was almost as
good as his sister in the bath. Only difference is he cried a little
bit and made a few small moves toward getting out of the tub, but he
never put out a claw.

What a good boy. I can't even imagine what it would be like to bath
KFC, she would slash me to pieces.
I would like to bath her actually as her coat looks greasy because
she's so old she doesn't look after it properly now. I groom her
regularly two or three times a week but this doesn't make her fur look
any better.
I tried a "spirit shampoo" a while ago, and it looked ok for about a day.
Any ideas for caring for the coat of a very old cat without distressing
us both by bathing her? I'm not really up for being slashed to pieces
which is definitely on the cards if I attempt to put her in water.

Tweed

I don't know. With my (much) older cats, it was just hard. Their fur is
just not easy to keep nice, maybe impossible. Kitty IS very old and
well, like with us, there isn't a lot you can do with fur at that age.