Old August 26th 03, 12:28 AM
bewtifulfreak

Craig Petersen wrote:
I would like to know "who" this woman is so I can file animal abuse
charges against her. People this idotic do not deserve to have pets
period! Furthermore, I would like to see more people refer to the term
"guardian" rather than "owner". "Ownership" implies that your pet is
an inanimate object like your DVD player or television. Untill that
happens
we are going to have pile of **** people who do these things to
defenseless animals because they think of them as property.

That's a very good point; we are indeed "guardians" not "owners" of our
pets; we have chosen to look after them, and they depend on us to look out
for their well-being just as if we were guardian of a child (we would never
say we "owned" a child!). The trouble is, you're correct, a lot of people
do indeed think of pets as property....even when our beloved Gaspode was
shot, we were told that, unlike with dogs, they could only file the
complaint as "destruction of property", how maddening is that?!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak