Old July 12th 05, 07:02 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default apartment followup

Well, the manager brought round another letter today... they say it
was a 'clerical error' and they'll get back to us in the 'near future'
with accurate information. In other words, they just gave everyone in
the building the same letter, because most of the tennants never sent
in a formal request to extend their lease... people have been moving
out in droves ever since February and there are only about thirty
tennants left in the building. We stayed because I was hoping not to
have to change my address with the immigration people because that
gives them an excuse to 'lose' my paperwork - as it is, they lost some
of it anyway! I hate to think what a mess they'd make of a change of
address... (which reminds me, I have to keep on trying to call
Immigration to get them to resend my Advance Parolle - I paid two
hundred bucks for it and I can't leave the country without it. But so
far I haven't been able to get through to an actual person to demand a
new one!)
Anyway, we won't be out on the street corner with the cats in their
carriers come the end of the month. But we do have to move and asap. I
look on this as yet another warning signal - if we were on a volcano
it would mean 'eruption imminent'. I fully expect them to keep messing
with our heads if we stay, so I want to get out before she blows.
Keep the purrs coming please...

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life