Old September 14th 18, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Lap cats - or not

On 9/13/2018 7:12 PM, joy wrote:
For ages, I’ve had cats in my lap while I sat in my recliner and watched
TV in the evening.Â* About 90% of the time I’d have both, although
occasionally it would be just Pickles, and once in a while just Koala.
Usually Pickles would come up first.Â* She wouldn’t come up if Koala was
already there.Â* Koala would come up, and once in a while Pickles would
immediately get down.Â* Usually she’d stay where she’d curled up on my
lap.Â* Koala would walk around her so he was between her and the upright
part of me.Â* After a few skritches, he’d walk back around her and settle
down on my legs.

About six weeks ago, that stopped.Â* Once or twice a week Koala would
come up, and occasionally he’d settle down and stay for a while.Â* During
that time, Pickles only came up once.Â* Right after she settled down,
Koala came up, and Pickles jumped down.

So I was very surprised last night when Pickles came up and settled on
my lap.Â* After 10 or 15 minutes Koala came up too, and settled down.
They stayed there for over an hour.Â* I was happy, because I’ve really
missed that.

I'm glad they decided to resume lap-time! I suspect they felt you were
getting too complacent so they had to shake things up a bit.

Jill