Old October 7th 17, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A big Ooops!

On 10/7/2017 11:03 AM, dgk wrote:
On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 08:08:58 -0500, MaryL
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

On 10/6/2017 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:

She *really* doesn't like it when I'm typing.Â* Bast forbid I should be
typing *and* talking to my SO on the phone!Â* (He doesn't own a computer
and occasionally asks me to look things up for him.)

Hey, Buffy, I don't complain when you sleep all the time.Â* Why don't you
time your naps for when I'm sitting at the computer?

Oh wait, that would take detract from your cat status as my Owner.

Jill

Duffy always takes over my lap when I try to type. He especially
doesn't like the phone. He will give me about 2 minutes on the phone,
then he starts to howl. Regular callers expect it, and they get a big
laugh out of it. It's clear that Duffy doesn't like to have my
attention diverted elsewhere. He's on my lap right now because I'm
trying to type this message, and it surely makes it awkward to try to
type. Yes, he makes it clear that he is the Owner.

MaryL

I know this is old school stuff, but try reading a newspaper and see
where the cat ends up.

Depends on the cat!

I don't get any newspapers but I suspect it depends on where you're sitting.

I read books. Lots of books. Stretched out on the couch in the den.
Buffy is often right there next to me. She doesn't interfere with the
books. She does like to rub her face against them and sniff them. (I
read a lot so that's 3-5 ooks per week to sniff.) She'll climb up
towards my chest and get me to give her neck scritches. Rub her ears.
She purrs. Then she kind of flops over and takes a nap right there,
half on top of me. I continue to read my book, give her soothing words
and the occasional pat. Only removing my hand from her soft fur when I
need to turn a page. It's really sweet.

Jill