Old June 22nd 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Wow! Where did everyone go?

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 12:10:30 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 6/22/2018 1:11 AM, joy wrote:
On 6/21/2018 7:59 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
It used to be so busy here. I guess all the cats have their own
FaceBook pages now. I wouldn't know, I'm not on any of that Social
Media crap. Yes I'm old.

Smokey still loves her baths BTW; she cries until she gets her baf.
I'm lucky if I get away with two 'baths' a day. We have developed
quite a ritual around this activity, she looks at the water in the
bath bucket when I bring it and rubs her chops along the rim of the
bucket. She loves getting her body, tail and face washed, but the toes
and belly are off limits. This is somewhat odd, as she loves showing
her belly for a rub. Although yesterday I was given the special
privilege of washing the belly. You can still wash the Bum, but you
have to ask first now. ;-)

They do like to change things up, don't they?Â* They get us used to a
routine, and then they change something.Â* I'm glad she likes her bath.

Yes, I'm still here.Â* I mostly don't do Facebook myself, so I fully
understand.

I'm still here, too. Tried Facebook and didn't like it.

It's nice to hear Smokey likes her baths. I don't know what Buffy would
do if I tried to bathe her but I can't imagine a good outcome. She
knows how to use her claws when she's not happy!

Jill

Hi,

It's only a sponge bath, but I'm still surprised she is so enamored with it.. I guess she thinks the old, never to be used again tea towel is just a large tongue. ;-) She equates it with a good brushing.

I'm tempted to put her water in a shallow pan to see if she is crazy enough to step in the water, but I don't think so.