Old December 12th 05, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Loss of appetite

wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

Actually, he came back from the vet yesterday. The vet didn't feel that
it was necessary to hospitalize him, and wanted to try him as an
outpatient at home with the antibiotics and Lactulose.

He is very uncooperative with syringe feeding of his medication, and I
hope I don't have to resort to syringe feeding him food as well. Now,
he is very wary of me approaching him, because I have to hold him very
firmly in order to give him the medication.

I will try the tuna and chicken baby food tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Well, Sasha never ate any of the tuna.
Now I've started to syringe feed my buddy Hill's A/D from the vet.
Hopefully his
appetite will return soon. He still drinks water OK and doesn't vomit.
Also, his behaviour is still the same as normal, except for a decrease
in his activity level.

I still don't know why he stopped eating all of a sudden.