Old December 12th 05, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Loss of appetite

wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

Well, Sasha never ate any of the tuna.
Now I've started to syringe feed my buddy Hill's A/D from the vet.
Hopefully his
appetite will return soon. He still drinks water OK and doesn't vomit.
Also, his behaviour is still the same as normal, except for a decrease
in his activity level.

I still don't know why he stopped eating all of a sudden.

You ought to arrange a recheck with your vet very soon. At this point there
may be changes your vet can detect which will aid in making a diagnosis. An
abdominal ultrasound exam would be a good idea, especially to investigate
the potential lesion on his intestine. You may also want to ask your vet if
s/he thinks it might be appropriate to prescribe an appetite stimulant such
a ciproheptadine. Placing an esophageal feeding tube may also be an avenue
to consider.

J.