Old July 5th 03, 08:37 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Kris" wrote in message
Hey all. Thanks for your responses. She started feeling better last

night
after getting the hair balls up. She's eating and drinking and seems
perfectly OK now. I will try the Petromalt or Laxatone as suggested.

I'll
also start brushing her every day, too.

Good. :-)

One of my cats was feeling just sort of "off' at one point, & so she had a
vet appt. *Just* before the appt. - as I was about to put her into the
carrier - she threw up a _huge_ hairball. And immediately felt better. ;-)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"wombn" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:43:50 GMT, Laura R.
wrote:

What you describe is pretty typical for my cats when they're bringing
up a hairball. As far as prevention of hairballs, the best thing to
do is brush the cat regularly. Daily is good. The more hair that ends
up in the brush, the less hair ends up in the cat's tummy.

I read somewhere recently (have no idea where I read this) that
hairballs do serve a bit of purpose for cats: fiber. So I imagine
that some amount of it is necessary, no?

I wonder how much mouse hair feral cats end up eating....

My childhood cat used to bring her kills into the house through the
heating vents... she was shorthaired and only did the hairball thing
now-and-then.

I wish I understood this stuff better.