Old November 17th 05, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats

Default Do those kitty litter mats work?

I have found that if you use a litter like "yesterdays news", you will not
have any problems with tracking. Its more expensive, but worth it in my
opinion.
"DL Farnworth" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Ted Swirsky" wrote in message
newsp.s0cisz0erwebfy@oemcomputer...
: My cat has a way of storing kitty litter between his
toes and tracking it
: through the house.
: I just saw a mat with lots of plastic points (think
tiny bed of nails)
: that is supposed to go outside the box and cause the
litter to fall off.
:
: Anyone have experience with them and do they work?
Other ideas welcome!
:
: Thanks,
: Ted

They don't work very well. The cats hop over them
because the points hurt their toes, I think. Then the
litter goes even further. Also they are hard to clean.