Old October 15th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Somewhat OT - spiders

Yowie wrote:

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

I have a spider that has set up home on my kitchen windowsill, she's
been there for a couple of weeks and has built a typical house
spider web between my spice jars. I know she's a girl by her
thingies that poke out in front of her, boys have lumps on them.
That does not help as she is a big girl, too big for me to deal with.

I would guess so!! Any spider that's big enough for you to determine
her gender is too big for me.

have you met the Aussie Huntsman Spider?

*DO NOT* click if you get freaked out by spiders, OK?

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pterren..._Dads_hand.JPG

Yeah, I've seen pictures of them before. *Pictures* of spiders don't
freak me out.

I had a sudden realization a little while ago about my feelings toward
bugs. I realized that what i really hate is the *surprise* factor. You
know, you're sitting there innocently, and suddenly there's some big,
multi-legged thing crawling, inches from your arm, or face, or wherever.
I always act like the classic shrieky girly-girl when that happens, but
a second later, I'm trying to assure whoever may be there that everything's
OK, while trying to hide my embarrassment. I just really can't stand being
startled by a bug, especially when it's well inside what I consider to be
my personal space.

Joyce

--
I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln