Old August 16th 03, 04:52 AM
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Default agressive male cat problems

A year ago, we adopted a male and female, 4ish months old, both fixed,
brother and sister, and have raised them as indoor only pets. The female
has always been playful, cuddly, and when she gets "stuff" stuck in the fur
around "that" area, she doesn't put up much of a fuss when we clean her up.
Clipping claws and bathing her isn't a big deal... she's cooperative. Well,
as cooperative as a cat in water will ever be

The male, runt of the litter, on the other hand, is just overly weird, very
agressive (always seems to have the females fur in his mouth) and is
seemingly 100% muscle and claws. It's always a fight to clip his claws, and
God forbid we have to wipe his rear or bathe him... he howls (making the
neighbors think we're torturing him) bites claws and usually draws blood. It
takes the two of us and even then, it's a helluva fight. He'll also attack
arms and legs, clawing and biting, when we're alseep and awake. (Yesterday,
we had a guest over. He jumped up on the guest, claws and all).

We've always been kind and loving. There's always food (Wellness) and water
out, the litter is always clean (thanks to our litterbox from space, the
Litter Robot). And they have us and cat toys galore.

I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and knows what to do. We
simply will not release him in to the wild or foist him on anyone else...
all I can think of is to keep him on some sort of feline prozac (if there's
such a thing) or take him for one last trip to the vet...

Help!

Thank you
Dave