Old August 16th 03, 06:00 AM
bewtifulfreak

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message

"Katra" wrote in message

Declawing comes to mind...
I'd sure do that before euthanasia, and I am NOT a fan of declawing.
We had to do this to Booger for similar reasons.

Before you resort to that, read this first, and see if there is any

helpful
advice:

I just want to mention that the reason I wouldn't recommend declawing, aside
from the fact that I think it's cruel, is that it would only be treating the
symptom of the problem, and not the root cause. And the cat might just get
*more* agressive, as declawed cats often do, and start biting instead of
scratching. Any alternative you could explore to get a handle on his
behavior would not only be better for him, but would really be better for
you in the long run, as you might actually end up with a happier cat.

Again, best of luck.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak