I am an idiot - Star

Old January 18th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I am an idiot - Star

I am so sorry to hear about all the stresses going on in your
life right now. I know that taking Star in again is adding
another, but since the alternative is unthinkable it will
have to be dealt with. Purrs, positive and calming thoughts
are headed your way from myself and my kitties. We are
thinking of you.

{{{Susan}}}

If you live in or near Northern VA please email me at

take out the -nospam

Debbie

On Jan 17, 8:06*pm, Susan M wrote:
snip
What else am I to do?

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old January 18th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Susan M" wrote in message
I have been to visit Star twice now. This second time, he settled on my
lap and purred again. Curled up in the tiniest little cat disc (how can a
cat be so small?) and purred. He kneaded and rubbed and mrrp'd. He looked
at me with his beautiful golden orbs. He likes me and he trusts me.

They said that they thought that he must have been abused because of how
careful you have to be around his head. Also, he has cowered when men
have been in the room. I have now developed a story about him which may
be completely incorrect. He seemed so comfortable and loving on my lap
and it made me think that he was some girl's or woman's pet and some nasty
guy hurt the girl by taking the cat and dumping him in the park behind our
house.

I haven't slept well in 11 months and I'm very emotional. I'm trying to
wean the baby for a variety of medical reasons and the baby is hysterical.
I'm not sleeping. Fred is not sleeping, and the baby is not sleeping. My
MIL has pancreatic cancer, I'm going in for major surgery (non-elective
but non-life threatening) in four weeks and will be unable to lift the
baby after for 12 weeks (very stressful for both of us), my husband is
travelling with his new job, my son is still unhappy, my son still has
allergies, and my cats seem to be slowing down.

I found out that, if he isn't adopted tonight, Star will be PTS tomorrow
AM. I didn't save the cat to have him killed off.

So, I put my name in to call if no angel shows up tonight. I will go and
adopt him and foster him until I can find him a home. And I have to find
him a home. I can't inflict 3 cats on Sam and I can't have 3 outdoor cats
in the neighbourhood - its impossible to keep one in while the others go
outside.

So, I will segregate him in Jane's bedroom and Otis will go berserk
keeping all of us up, including my school-aged daughter. Fred is not
happy about this. He is afraid that Otis will start peeing again and/or
Star will. I am worried about the disruption in our already stressed out
over-tired household.

What else am I to do?

Susan M
Otis and Chester

http://www.library.cmu.edu/Libraries...)))))))))))))))

Old January 18th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default I am an idiot - Star - I really am an idiot

Victor Martinez wrote:
Susan M wrote:
What else am I to do?

You are not an idiot, you are a wonderful, caring and loving human
being. Purrs that Star finds his forever home soon!

Well, I am an idiot. I have to think of the well being of those I
already have - my Son and O&C.

The risk is enormous if I can't find this cat a home. I'm already on a
slippery slope with Sam and, with lots of work to keep him separated
from the cats and a HEPA filter in his room, his allergies haven't
become worse. Add a third and a new cat to the house, and his allergies
could progress from sniffles and red eyes to having respiratory
complications (Alberta has the highest rate of asthma in the country)
.... which means that all three have to go. And yes, I would rehome even
Otis if it came down to a choice between a life long asthma condition
for my son and Otis. Sam's only 7 - its different when it is a
consenting adult. I already get flack from allergists and doctors and
people when I hang onto my cats.

And Otis has overcome all kinds of inappropriate elimination issues and
stress issues that, if you all recall, had him on various
pharmaceuticals for multiple years. TED told me that I was his only
client who wouldn't have off'd him for all the trouble he'd caused. We
lived through a lot that most people wouldn't have withstood to get him
to where he is now. And I love him and want to keep him around. He
deserves it.

AND, anybody with three kids who hasn't slept in 11 months can tell you
that there's a difference between digging a little deep to take on
another challenge and being so flipping tired that you actually can't
drive a car because you're so dizzy and lightheaded and out of it that
you'll get in an accident. I am that tired and stressed.

So, yes, I am an idiot. I was optimistic yesterday because I had a line
on somebody but that has fallen through because they are still grieving
for their cat that has passed away. I have a couple of other calls out
that should be returned this afternoon though.

So, I'm not rushing in first thing - I'll give him a chance to get
adopted today since they said they'd hold him for me till close but
allow him to be adopted if someone came forward. I hope that someone
will do that. I really don't want to go down this road.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old January 18th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I am so sorry, Susan, that your life seems so difficult just now. Many
purrs and prayers for you. Yes, I would save Star in your position and
would put him in a bedroom. Certainly better than having him killed.

Tweed

Old January 18th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Susan M" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Susan M wrote:
What else am I to do?

You are not an idiot, you are a wonderful, caring and loving human being.
Purrs that Star finds his forever home soon!

Well, I am an idiot. I have to think of the well being of those I already
have - my Son and O&C.

Have you talked to your vet? He knows you and might understand and be of
some help. Vets know who might be up for taking on a new cat, etc.

Jo

Old January 18th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Susan M wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Susan}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. My thoughts are
with you.

Purrs that things will ease for you, and purrs that you will find a
wonderful home for Star very soon.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old January 18th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Susan M wrote:

The risk is enormous if I can't find this cat a home.

Susan,

Would it be possible to find someone else to foster him while you try
to find him a permanent home? Someone who might not be willing to make
a permanent commitment might be willing to foster him for a temporary
(although unknown) amount of time. You might include that in any
advertising you do to potential adoptors (ie, include the idea that
fostering is an option). At least this way, you would be able save his
life while not putting your family or yourself at risk. Are there any
local rescue groups that do fostering? Maybe you'd be able to find
someone that way.

Purrs and good luck,
Joyce
Old January 18th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

Susan, are you in the Calgary area? I 'might' know someone who
would be willing to adopt Star if so...

email me at bb at wowway dot com if you are interested in talking
to my friend.

Sara