Poll: Cat Genders

Old January 16th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Poll: Cat Genders

"Susan M" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

Probably. I was so used to Mimi's ways I couldn't imagine a male kitty
until Stinky came along. I was overwhelmed twice-- once with how
freaking active and mischievous a young boycat could be, and then with
just how sweet and cuddly he was. He would play and play to the point of
exhaustion, then drag his little body into my lap, and up my chest, under
my chin, and purr his little butt off. When I was in bed, he would jump
up, and curl up around my head, purring. He would exasperate the life
and soul out of me, stealing food and climbing up the drapes, then he
would come and meow and meow at me. I didn't know what he wanted-- his
food and water bowl were filled, his litter box was clean. I leaned
forward, and he jumped into my arms, and nuzzled my face! That was what
he wanted! He wanted face-to-face cuddles and kisses. To this day, I
can carry Stinky over my shoulder, and he will just sort of drape there,
and purr. His favorite place to be is with me, ON me, if possible. BTW,
Melissa, yes, he thinks he is my husband. If he wants to think that, it's
fine. He's given me his whole, sweet-natured, amiable life.

Awwwww.... I love your Stinky story. What a sweetheart. Otis was crazy
like that when he was a kitten - he used to give himself breathing
problems by overdoing the playing - he'd be wheezing away just trying to
catch his breath. And climbed the curtains - ruined all of them. And
thinks he's my husband ;-)

Stinky outdid himself when he climbed to the top of a closet door, and
somehow got his right legs on the top of the door itself, and left legs on
the top of the door frame. The door sloooowly swung open, stretching poor
Stinky's legs apart a la Looney Tunes. I had to get a stepladder and get
him down before disaster struck.

Old January 16th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

Mimi was a wonderful, special cat, and I miss her all the time. But she
wanted attention very much on her own terms, and until she was quite old,
she didn't want to be held. I think of Mimi as a good cat for me,
because she was very much like me. But Stinky is a good cat for me, with
his open, curious, accepting nature (except of Dante, of course , he is
more like what I wish I could be.

Mimi sounds so much like Nikki. She hated to be held until she was well
over 10 years old, when she would sometimes deign to stay in my lap for a
while. Mostly she preferred to curl up between my ankles on the footstool.
When I was working at my desk, Nikki would come and sit beside my legs,
and if I didn't pay her atention soon enough, she would touch a cold wet
nose to my leg. In summer, when I had bare legs, this could be quite
disconcerting. Then she did what I called her 'eager beaver' thing. Her
whisker pads would stand right out with her whiskers pointing forward, and
she would poke something - a chair leg, for example - over and over and
over. I never did figure out what that meant exactly, but she always
purred her turbo purr while doing that.

Did you mention once that Nikki did the upside-down under-the-furniture
walk? Mimi used to do that, with the craziest, wildest eyes.

Old January 16th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

Wow, he's really a sweetheart! I don't think I realized just how
affectionate he was.

He's a shnooky-ookums.

Old January 16th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

Did you mention once that Nikki did the upside-down under-the-furniture
walk? Mimi used to do that, with the craziest, wildest eyes.

Oh, yes, she loved that. Wild eyes and all. It was quite scary.

Old January 16th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

He's a shnooky-ookums.

Reminds me of Frank. Once, I had been away for the weekend (someone came
in and fed the cats while I was away), and when I came home on Sunday
night, Frank would hardly let me set down my bags. He grabbed the front
of my shirt, pulled my face to his, and rubbed all over me.

Old January 16th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Reminds me of Frank. Once, I had been away for the weekend (someone came
in and fed the cats while I was away), and when I came home on Sunday
night, Frank would hardly let me set down my bags. He grabbed the front
of my shirt, pulled my face to his, and rubbed all over me.

AWWWW, that's really adorable!

If I'm gone for a while (not a weekend, more like a 10 days or 2 weeks),
I will get a royal reception when I get back. Smudge doesn't let me out
of her sight, and will stick to my side no matter where I go. Roxy will
race around the apartment in a frenzy. Licky will slink in and out of
wherever I am, "mew" coyly at me and rub against something close to me,
maybe offer a tail for me to tug gently. That's how they tell me they
missed me.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 18th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Marina wrote:

Reminds me of Frank. Once, I had been away for the weekend (someone came
in and fed the cats while I was away), and when I came home on Sunday
night, Frank would hardly let me set down my bags. He grabbed the front
of my shirt, pulled my face to his, and rubbed all over me.

Awww, how wonderful!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 19th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jan 13, 8:15*pm, tanadashoes wrote:
Reading Phoenix's post I saw that she has more female owners than male
ones. *Until recently we were owned by more males than females, which
has recently evened out. *Ok, what genders of your owners, are there
any reasons to be owned by one gender over another? *I'll start out,
whether that is ok or not.

Females: *4/5 Tanada, QC, Sonya, Miss Calico Girl, and we're feeding
Meow Meow *All of them are rescues.

Males: 4 Merlin, Pine Cone, Huey, and Qui Gun kit. 3 are rescues, QGK
is Sonya's son and could be counted as one.

2 feeders gender unknown. *We think one is owned and a male, and the
other is a beautiful black/white tuxedo gender not even guessed at.
They look healther since they found the porch food and water station.
Meow Meow knows that was set up solely for her and defends it with her
life, and has chased off the other two even though they are much
bigger than she is. *They still get plenty of eats, though.

We used to prefer males over females, then we got our first girlcat,
Tanada. *She converted us to a life under her paw and now we rejoice
in being owned by both genders. *We have noticed that there are
behavior differences between the two genders, but we consider them as
compliments and are glad to be owned.

Pam S. arrogant but curious

I like orange cats and so I adopted my Rusty boy. I was not looking
for a boy cat in particular.

Winnie
Old January 19th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Winnie" wrote in message
[...]

***

In the past, we had male cats because my husband reasoned that it would be
cheaper to have them neutered than to have females spayed. Since his death,
I've had whatever needed a home when I needed a cat. My current two cats
came from the shelter - one male, and one female.

Joy

Poll: How many.... Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 12 October 30th 07 01:02 AM
Poll, mostly OT, but could be . . . whatever. tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 16 October 8th 07 06:01 PM
New Poll Tanada Cat anecdotes 11 December 3rd 06 08:29 PM
received from a Girlfriend and want to pass on to my other girlfriends (of both genders) Tanada Cat anecdotes 0 October 19th 06 08:48 AM
What Do you do? A Poll Tanada Cat anecdotes 296 January 29th 05 05:53 PM