Need help with Rexie and bathroom problems

Old January 15th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Need help with Rexie and bathroom problems

My O. T. is the same way, I can not believe that I could possible feed him
anything that could smell that bad. I would leave a little in the box when
I cleaned it until he gets the idea, and the others too, that it is HIS box.
"Marina" wrote in message
PasoShirleyB wrote:
Thanks Dan. Further to my previous post. I put a new litterbox in
there and Rex used it. I know it was him because of the toxic smell
[ nothing to do with current prob , it's always been toxic ]. Now
should I leave the feces in there to establish that it's his, or keep
it really clean? My instinct is to leave it.

My instinct says to leave it, too. Both for the other cats to keep away
and for Rex to remember that he used it.

Now let me reveal this deep, dark secret about my beautiful, dainty little
Miss Mir: her waste also smells toxic. It's incredible how such gorgeous
little creatures like your Rex and my Mir can produce such toxicity.

Old January 15th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

PasoShirleyB wrote:

Thanks Dan. Further to my previous post. I put a new litterbox in
there and Rex used it. I know it was him because of the toxic smell
[ nothing to do with current prob , it's always been toxic ]. Now
should I leave the feces in there to establish that it's his, or keep
it really clean? My instinct is to leave it.
Thanks, Shirl

Glad to know that the extra litterbox worked for you. I have 3 boxes
for my 2 boys too and its the only way that Otis will use the box.

My instinct would be to leave it for a little while.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 15th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PasoShirleyB

On Jan 14, 8:39*pm, Marina wrote:
PasoShirleyB wrote:
Thanks Dan. Further to my previous post. I put a new litterbox in
there and Rex used it. I know it was him because of the toxic smell
[ nothing to do with current prob , it's always been toxic ]. *Now
should I leave the feces in there to establish that it's his, or keep
it really clean? My instinct is to leave it.

My instinct says to leave it, too. Both for the other cats to keep away
and for Rex to remember that he used it.

Now let me reveal this deep, dark secret about my beautiful, dainty
little Miss Mir: her waste also smells toxic. It's incredible how such
gorgeous little creatures like your Rex and my Mir can produce such
toxicity.

It's funny, when I first got Rexie at 3.5 weeks, I took a stool sample
to the vet rather than disturb him at such a young age. But when they
caught a whiff . . . they had me bring him in. They ran tests but
nothing wrong. She said some males, especially Siamese, are like that.

The strange thing is, that was almost six years ago; and last Saturday
as my hubby was waking up, Rexie dumped, and the bathroom w/litte box
is 10 feet from our bed. Jim couldn't beleive it. Said it was never
that bad! I informed him that my nose is one foot from that box 3
times a day, and I'd appreciate him NOT telling me what I'd been
inhaling for six years! I've always wondered why Jim never laughed
about like I did, but I hadn't realized he'd never really inhaled a
lungful before [and he's a wine connoisseur!]

Anyway, think I'll cover it w/litter and leave it there as you suggest
[oh, and Rexie has never mastered the covering thing. He digs and
throws litter around for 10 minutes, and there sits the little pile of
steaming, shall we say, 'dung' ??]

Night all, and thanks.
ShirleyB
Old January 15th 08, 10:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:25:45 -0800 (PST), PasoShirleyB
wrote:

snip
Anyway, think I'll cover it w/litter and leave it there as you suggest
[oh, and Rexie has never mastered the covering thing. He digs and
throws litter around for 10 minutes, and there sits the little pile of
steaming, shall we say, 'dung' ??]

Rocky never got the "cover up" idea either. I always thought it might
have something to do with marking his territory, along with spraying.
Anyway, when Rocky (RB) finally decided to use the inside toilet
Little Bit used to follow behind him and cover up the offending mess.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

Old January 15th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Steve Touchstone kirjoitti:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:25:45 -0800 (PST), PasoShirleyB
wrote:

snip
Anyway, think I'll cover it w/litter and leave it there as you suggest
[oh, and Rexie has never mastered the covering thing. He digs and
throws litter around for 10 minutes, and there sits the little pile of
steaming, shall we say, 'dung' ??]

Rocky never got the "cover up" idea either. I always thought it might
have something to do with marking his territory, along with spraying.
Anyway, when Rocky (RB) finally decided to use the inside toilet
Little Bit used to follow behind him and cover up the offending mess.

Neither Nico nor Laku cover up their poops either. They scratch
vigorously along the edge of the litter pan and even the walls, but very
rarely do they actually touch the litter to cover up anything.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 15th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Anyway, think I'll cover it w/litter and leave it there as you suggest
[oh, and Rexie has never mastered the covering thing. He digs and
throws litter around for 10 minutes, and there sits the little pile of
steaming, shall we say, 'dung' ??]

Night all, and thanks.
ShirleyB

Harri had that problem when we were in the truck. She'd spend 5 minutes
digging and throwing litter, then when she was done I'd have litter spread
all over the floor of the truck and Harri's recent "gift" uncovered.

And every once in a while she'd leave a little pile that would peel the
paint off the dashboard. She brought tears to my eyes with the odor more
than once.

Dan
Old January 15th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine K. wrote:

Neither Nico nor Laku cover up their poops either. They scratch
vigorously along the edge of the litter pan and even the walls, but very
rarely do they actually touch the litter to cover up anything.

Caliban wrinkles his nose and looks utterly disgusted while he waves his
paw some inches *above* the pile he just produced.

Old January 15th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

Daniel Mahoney wrote in
news

Harri had that problem when we were in the truck. She'd spend 5
minutes digging and throwing litter, then when she was done I'd have
litter spread all over the floor of the truck and Harri's recent
"gift" uncovered.

And every once in a while she'd leave a little pile that would peel
the paint off the dashboard. She brought tears to my eyes with the
odor more than once.

Dan

Tuffy never, ever covered his business in his 17 years on earth. He would
do the deed, get a whif, and run for his life.

Bobble
Old January 15th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Jan 14, 11:39*pm, Marina wrote:
PasoShirleyB wrote:
Thanks Dan. Further to my previous post. I put a new litterbox in
there and Rex used it. I know it was him because of the toxic smell
[ nothing to do with current prob , it's always been toxic ]. *Now
should I leave the feces in there to establish that it's his, or keep
it really clean? My instinct is to leave it.

My instinct says to leave it, too. Both for the other cats to keep away
and for Rex to remember that he used it.

Now let me reveal this deep, dark secret about my beautiful, dainty
little Miss Mir: her waste also smells toxic. It's incredible how such
gorgeous little creatures like your Rex and my Mir can produce such
toxicity.

Miss Calico Girl and Pine Cone are little stinkers too. Pine Cone's
eau d'parfume depends on what the little monster has been eating. MCG
is just a stinker. She uses the box, takes a whiff, then glares at me
like I crawled from under a rock and left that there to torment her.
I do my best not to laugh.

Pam S.
Old January 16th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wrote:

HI guys. I haven't posted in forever, my part-time job has turned into
a monster, but at least I'm earning a little $$.

I need HELP !

Some of you may remember, I have a 6 yr old male Siamese, Rexie, whom
I've had since he was 3.5 weeks old. My baby. I'm his, he's mine. He
had the kingdom to himself for 4 or so years, and then maMA and Loki
came. There story is that 2 years ago, during a severe heat wave of
105 degrees for three weeks, a starving little female cat came to the
porch. I gave her water and finally some food, We realized she was
pregnant. We got her spayed, but she turned up two weeks later with a
litter of five. I found homes for all but the boy [named, Loki]. Then
his mama [now 'maMA' ]decided to stay. So we had three.

They get along fine for the most part, cause Rex really doesn't pay
them much mind. But he spits at mama and fights/plays with Loki. Loki
is now over a year and as tall as Rexie, but not as bulky. Rexie
usually wins in confrontations or jumps on me for sanctuary.

The problem: This last month or so, Rexie has been periodically
pooping or urinating not in his box. snip
Some of you have cats that are a little older, or who've had new
roommates. Please! I'm counting on you guys to have good suggestions
for me.

At my wits' end,
Rexie's mommy, ShirleyB

No suggestions unfortunately, but lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Rexie is sharing w-Mama and Loki ! ShirleyB Cat anecdotes 2 February 28th 06 03:24 AM
Rexie thinks too much (or, further data on his exercise regime) Shirley B. Cat anecdotes 14 April 20th 05 10:46 PM
Helpful Rexie Shirley B. Cat anecdotes 6 April 15th 05 03:38 AM
Rexie on a diet, and rearranging his food area - potential tip Shirley B. Cat anecdotes 54 April 14th 05 02:50 PM
Rexie on a diet, and rearranging his food area - potential tip Shirley B. Cat health & behaviour 49 April 14th 05 02:50 PM