Mr. Oreo wants attention NOW

Old January 14th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Mr. Oreo wants attention NOW

One of the cats who come to our door is a hefty coal black and cream white
cat who I call Mr. Oreo. He has to have a slave around here because he is
VERY well-fed.

At any rate, he has recently let me pet him, and nervously let's me pick
him up for a few minutes. He has a deep, rumbly purr.

This morning I was petting him, and shifted attention to Buster. Mr. Oreo
grabbed my hand, pulled it away from Buster and started rubbing his head
against the captured hand. So I petted him (grin).

When I started to go back inside, Mr. Oreo grabbed my leg with both front
paws (claws out for a tighter hold - yikes!), and proceeded tho mrrp and
purr his heart out while rubbing his face on my bare leg.

I was so taken by surprise that I dropped the empty food scoop, which
clattered and scared him away until I apologized and gave him skritchies.

But I watched my legs when I went back inside (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old January 14th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Mark Edwards wrote:
When I started to go back inside, Mr. Oreo grabbed my leg with both
front paws (claws out for a tighter hold - yikes!), and proceeded tho
mrrp and purr his heart out while rubbing his face on my bare leg.

I was so taken by surprise that I dropped the empty food scoop, which
clattered and scared him away until I apologized and gave him
skritchies.

But I watched my legs when I went back inside (big grin).

Reminds me a lot of a cat I called "Baby" when I was a teenager. Unlike Mr.
Oreo, this one didn't have slaves or even people who would feed her. She
didn't appear to get any food except for the mousies she was able to catch.
I think she lived in the small copse of woods by a creek across the street
from where my parents lived. My father wouldn't let me feed her. "We don't
need no damn cats around here." I'd sit on the driveway and give her
scritches. She was such a sweet little grey tabby, and friendly enough that
I think she'd had cat slaves at some point. I'd talk to her until the
appointed time for me to go inside (I think it was 10PM). When I'd try to
go inside she was very good at delay tactics, including grabbing my legs to
trip me up.

Jill

Old January 18th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mark Edwards wrote:

[...]

That's really sweet!
Best wishes,