What is THAT about?

Old January 16th 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Default What is THAT about?

Idling between meetings I happened to be glancing through some small ads in
the paper and there's one that made me thinkg WHAT?

"Wanted: Small kitten not more than 3 weeks old that I can rear and really
bond with. Prepared to pay up to £70"

I've fired off a short sharp email to the paper, pointing out that 3 weeks is
too young and they really shouldn't take ads like that. I'm just wondering
about the mind of someone who could place an ad like that....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 16th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Do the words idiot, moron, illerate (obviously have read nothing about cats
or their behavior). Problem is, judging by the people where I got poor O/
T. from, they will probably be offered all the cats they want.

Old January 16th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Granby wrote:
Do the words idiot, moron, illerate (obviously have read nothing about cats
or their behavior).

I used the first two of those in my email to the paper

Old January 16th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

LesleyM via CatKB.com wrote:
Idling between meetings I happened to be glancing through some small
ads in the paper and there's one that made me thinkg WHAT?

"Wanted: Small kitten not more than 3 weeks old that I can rear and
really bond with. Prepared to pay up to £70"

I've fired off a short sharp email to the paper, pointing out that 3
weeks is too young and they really shouldn't take ads like that. I'm
just wondering about the mind of someone who could place an ad like
that....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Sadly, the person on the phone taking down the words for the ad doesn't
care. I'm pretty sure as long as the ad isn't obscene (and who knows? some
might not care about that) you can advertise for anything you want. I hope
they reply; I'd like to know their answer.

Jill

Old January 17th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

LesleyM via CatKB.com wrote
Idling between meetings I happened to be glancing through some small ads in
the paper and there's one that made me thinkg WHAT?

"Wanted: Small kitten not more than 3 weeks old that I can rear and really
bond with. Prepared to pay up to £70"

I've fired off a short sharp email to the paper, pointing out that 3 weeks is
too young and they really shouldn't take ads like that. I'm just wondering
about the mind of someone who could place an ad like that....

Probably just ignorant. First cat, thinks the younger the better
because of bonding well. Quite possibly the best of motives.

As for the paper, same thing applies: ignorance.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old January 17th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Granby wrote
Do the words idiot, moron, illerate (obviously have read nothing about cats
or their behavior).

Harsh, I feel. There was a time when a lot of people had not had
their first cat and did not know anything. then perhaps some ignorant
friend tells them they should get one very young.

We all make mistakes: the world would be better if mistakes were
tolerated, but of course the world is moving the other way.

Old January 17th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Well, I was just thinking that watching nature would tell most that 3 weeks
was awfully young but, maybe not. May should cut them some slack. Who
knows.
Granby wrote

Old January 18th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

David Stevenson wrote:

Harsh, I feel. There was a time when a lot of people had not had
their first cat and did not know anything. then perhaps some ignorant
friend tells them they should get one very young.

Surely if you are considering a cat as a pet (Due entirely to ignorance- I
say they're not pets, they're furry flatmates!) it would make sense to look
into things like how old they are before they are ready to leave their mum,
what you need to get before they arrive etc

Old January 19th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

LesleyM via CatKB.com wrote
David Stevenson wrote:

Harsh, I feel. There was a time when a lot of people had not had
their first cat and did not know anything. then perhaps some ignorant
friend tells them they should get one very young.

Surely if you are considering a cat as a pet (Due entirely to ignorance- I
say they're not pets, they're furry flatmates!) it would make sense to look
into things like how old they are before they are ready to leave their mum,
what you need to get before they arrive etc

Of course it would make sense. But have you never done anything in
your whole life without carefully thinking it through? I have, heaps of
times. Sure, people should be taught, but we should be more tolerant to
people who make mistakes. I make lots of mistakes and do not want to
live in a world where i am not tolerated because of it.

Old January 19th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Someone wants to be a MomDad...

Listen buddy, if you do not want to nurse that kitten around the
clock, cotton ball its butt and have it spend the rest of your life
considering you its BIOLOGICAL PARENT, with all the WEIRD ear-sucking,
imitating-your-behaviour, sleeping-on-your-chest, rooting-in-your-hair-
for-nipples FREAKINESS it causes, DON'T DO IT.

--Fil