I am an idiot - Star

Old January 18th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

Default I am an idiot - Star

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:06:03 -0700, Susan M wrote:

I have been to visit Star twice now. This second time, he settled on my
lap and purred again. Curled up in the tiniest little cat disc (how can a
cat be so small?) and purred. He kneaded and rubbed and mrrp'd. He
looked at me with his beautiful golden orbs. He likes me and he trusts
me.

They said that they thought that he must have been abused because of how
careful you have to be around his head. Also, he has cowered when men
have been in the room. I have now developed a story about him which may
be completely incorrect. He seemed so comfortable and loving on my lap
and it made me think that he was some girl's or woman's pet and some nasty
guy hurt the girl by taking the cat and dumping him in the park behind our
house.

I haven't slept well in 11 months and I'm very emotional. I'm trying to
wean the baby for a variety of medical reasons and the baby is hysterical.
I'm not sleeping. Fred is not sleeping, and the baby is not sleeping.
My MIL has pancreatic cancer, I'm going in for major surgery (non-elective
but non-life threatening) in four weeks and will be unable to lift the
baby after for 12 weeks (very stressful for both of us), my husband is
travelling with his new job, my son is still unhappy, my son still has
allergies, and my cats seem to be slowing down.

I found out that, if he isn't adopted tonight, Star will be PTS tomorrow
AM. I didn't save the cat to have him killed off.

So, I put my name in to call if no angel shows up tonight. I will go and
adopt him and foster him until I can find him a home. And I have to find
him a home. I can't inflict 3 cats on Sam and I can't have 3 outdoor cats
in the neighbourhood - its impossible to keep one in while the others go
outside.

So, I will segregate him in Jane's bedroom and Otis will go berserk
keeping all of us up, including my school-aged daughter. Fred is not
happy about this. He is afraid that Otis will start peeing again and/or
Star will. I am worried about the disruption in our already stressed out
over-tired household.

What else am I to do?

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Sending purrs and heartfelt prayers that you will be given the help you
obviously need. And may that helper love both people and animals. MLB

Old January 18th 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jan 17, 7:06*pm, Susan M wrote:
So, I put my name in to call if no angel shows up tonight. *I will go
and adopt him and foster him until I can find him a home. *

FYI-
DON'T expect the shelter to call you. If you want to save this cat's
life be on the phone and calling them the very second they open and
talk to a supervisor. Most shelters are overwhelmed as it is and
person A may not let person B know about you or your interest in Star.
I know of way too many instances where communication between shelters
and potential adopters was less than optimal and when a cat's life is
on the line you can't afford to take a chance.
Old January 18th 08, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Susan M wrote:
[...]

Youn are in a _very_ difficult position and I can think of no other
solution. :-( Lots of purrs for Star to find a forever home asap. Purrs for
your surgery, hopefully by the summer life will be better for all of your
family furred and bare.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 18th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 18 Jan., 02:06, Susan M wrote:
[...]

You are just wonderful.
I believe there`s a meaning, a sense to everything that happens.
There`s a challenge and you take it on. How great.

Love
Bettina
Old January 18th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Susan M wrote:

I found out that, if he isn't adopted tonight, Star will be PTS tomorrow
AM. I didn't save the cat to have him killed off.

Exactly and that's why you are taking him in. Unbelievable that such a
handsome cat can't find a slave but then again there's so many
handsome/pretty/cute etc cats in need of slaves and we can't adopt them all
(believe me there are many times on this list that if it wasn't for the large
amount of water between me and the USA I would be at the door with a cat
carrier...and Star is one of them)

Perhaps he hasn't shown up well in the shelter- maybe he's a bit shy and has
stayed at the back. He'll certainly soon find a forever home with a fosterer
who can get to know him a bit and make a perfect match between him and his
new slave.

And as everyone says, you are an angel and we send purrs that all your other
problems will be solved as well

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 18th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

you are doing the best you can given the circumstances, I will pray that a
nokill space becomes available, and I will pray for you to all get rest, Lee

Old January 18th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

andd I was thinking, if your story about star is right, maybe she threw that
pig out and is looking for star Lee, optimistic for a change
Susan M wrote in message
sam wrote:

First of all, you are *not* an idiot. You a sensitive and caring person
who can't bear the alternative to fostering Star to give him a chance.

Sending you and your family our strongest purrs and prayers that
everyone comes through these ordeals as well as can be expected.

I clicked on their website to see his picture again tonight and there
were tons of kitties on there - more than I've ever seen. He is but one
of whole bunch of kitties who won't make it. Every one of them is
deserving. Ugh.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old January 18th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel

Susan -- I have a long email I want to send you could you please email me
privately -
Christine B.