I Saw a Pretty Kitty

Old May 18th 15, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default I Saw a Pretty Kitty

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 5/16/2015 7:51 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Fri, 08 May 2015 19:16:07 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:
And, again, I'm no longer home 5 hours a day five days a week. This is
*not* the time to adopt a cat.

What would I do? Adopt a cat, say, "Here's your new home." Then say
the cat a day or two later, "Sorry, gotta go! You know where the food
is! There are some toys on the floor."

That wouldn't be fair to the newly adopted cat, would it? Where did
she
go? She's not here. Is she coming back? What's going on?!

No. The timing is not right to bring a new cat into my home. And, as
I've said before, I don't know that I ever will. But I can still
appreciate them when I see them and enjoy kitty stories.

That's exactly what I do. If not having to go to work five days a week
was
a prerequisite to adopting a new cat, there would be a lot fewer adopted
cats!

Particularly with Spicey, I deliberately left her alone more than I
needed
to at first when I saw that she was hissing and hiding and not settling
in
when I was around.

They're cats, so they enjoy both their together-time and their
alone-time
in various proportions.

Well, sorry to say everyone I'm not willing to take on another cat (or
cats) at this point. I'll still enjoy listening to and sharing kitty cat
stories.

Jill

Ofcourse you do! You are still a "Cat Person" (-;
I'm retired now, so every day is a Saturday ...
Your time will come, then "Heeeer Kittieeeee"

Sylvia

Old June 8th 15, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 16 May 2015 12:18:20 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
Well, sorry to say everyone I'm not willing to take on another cat (or
cats) at this point. I'll still enjoy listening to and sharing kitty
cat stories.

I'm glad that circumstances brought you to a kitty who needed you.