Oscar is eating!

Old November 8th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Oscar is eating!

On 2007-11-08, Christina Websell penned:

I would still ease her off it as soon as you can. I know you are
thrilled because she is eating again, but try and get her gradually
off 30 percent plus protein kitten food as soon as you can. Could
you cook for her? Chicken (while she recovers from her operation?)
Buy a whole chicken and roast it, it will last her a week

She hasn't been very impressed with just about anything other than
kibble.

Today I made her plate half kitten kibble, half regular kibble, with
the regular on top. Tonight I should be able to tell if she'll eat
the regular kibble.

Oh -- and I've seen her drinking, so last night we didn't do subQ.
We'll see how that goes.

Have you given some nice meat for this ill cat? You haven't, have you?
Forget kibble.. Cats need meat. It just so annoying .

Old November 8th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

On 2007-11-08, Christina Websell penned:

I would still ease her off it as soon as you can. I know you are
thrilled because she is eating again, but try and get her gradually
off 30 percent plus protein kitten food as soon as you can. Could
you cook for her? Chicken (while she recovers from her operation?)
Buy a whole chicken and roast it, it will last her a week

She hasn't been very impressed with just about anything other than
kibble.

Today I made her plate half kitten kibble, half regular kibble, with
the regular on top. Tonight I should be able to tell if she'll eat
the regular kibble.

Cook her a chicken and get back to me about what she prefers.

Tweed

Old November 8th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2007-11-08, Christina Websell penned:

Have you given some nice meat for this ill cat? You haven't, have
you? Forget kibble.. Cats need meat. It just so annoying .

I know my cat pretty well. And yes, I offered her grilled chicken.
Not interested, please give me kibble.

Oscar is a kibble junkie. When she's healthy, all she gets is canned,
but she is very picky about that and we have to switch 'em around
according to her whim. Right now I just want her eating so she
doesn't look like a skeleton.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 8th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2007-11-08, Christina Websell penned:

Have you given some nice meat for this ill cat? You haven't, have
you? Forget kibble.. Cats need meat. It just so annoying .

I know my cat pretty well. And yes, I offered her grilled chicken.
Not interested, please give me kibble.

Oscar is a kibble junkie. When she's healthy, all she gets is canned,
but she is very picky about that and we have to switch 'em around
according to her whim. Right now I just want her eating so she
doesn't look like a skeleton.

I don't think this is the time to fuss over what kind of food is ideal
for a cat - it's more important that she *eat*, and get calories and
protein into her. If kitten kibble is what she's willing to eat, then
that's what she should have, IMO. When she's back on a regular eating
cycle, then you can gradually mix in her regular food to bring her back
to her normal diet. (Actually, it sounds from your last post like you've
already started doing this.)

I'm all for people feeding their cats the most natural diet possible,
but (1) it depends on the cat's preferences, and (2) you have a sick and
recovering cat, so you really have to focus on just getting her to *eat*.
I think you could do much worse than kitten kibble. What if the only thing
you could get her to eat was the filling from a Twinkie or something?

(This example wasn't completely random - I used to have a cat who went
berserk over the "creme" filling in Twinkies - her eyes would get all
big and black, and she would become a creature obsessed. Fortunately,
it was never the case that this was the *only* thing she would eat.)

Joyce
Old November 9th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Wonderful news!!! Purrs still coming for continuing improvement.

Debbie

On Nov 4, 12:16 pm, "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

snip...

Oscar Adrian Cat anecdotes 9 June 17th 06 01:27 PM
Oscar! Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 2 July 14th 05 05:47 PM
Oscar needs to go to the vet ... Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 33 June 18th 05 12:00 AM
How I got Oscar Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 February 15th 05 06:34 PM
Oscar thanks you! Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 January 29th 05 10:58 PM