Oscar is eating!

Old November 4th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Oscar is eating!

.... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

Yay!

We still have to do subQ and all the rest, but we don't have to do the
force feeding, which is honestly the most traumatic (and
time-consuming) part of her care.

She seems to be a fan of the kitten kibble I bought (kitten because I
figure it's more densely packed with nutrients and calories), so I'll
just keep loading her up. I don't think she's going to chow down and
hurt herself -- she's never been a gobbler.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 4th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:16:39 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

Yay!

We still have to do subQ and all the rest, but we don't have to do the
force feeding, which is honestly the most traumatic (and
time-consuming) part of her care.

She seems to be a fan of the kitten kibble I bought (kitten because I
figure it's more densely packed with nutrients and calories), so I'll
just keep loading her up. I don't think she's going to chow down and
hurt herself -- she's never been a gobbler.

Good news! Let us celebrate her improvement. Best kitty wishes. MLB

Old November 4th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 4 Nov, 09:16, "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

Happy dancing! This is the only place in the World where we raise a
glass and shout hooray because a cat has pooped!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 4th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

Yay!

We still have to do subQ and all the rest, but we don't have to do the
force feeding, which is honestly the most traumatic (and
time-consuming) part of her care.

She seems to be a fan of the kitten kibble I bought (kitten because I
figure it's more densely packed with nutrients and calories), so I'll
just keep loading her up. I don't think she's going to chow down and
hurt herself -- she's never been a gobbler.

That's great news, it sounds like she's turned the corner. Continuing purrs
for Oscar's full recovery.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 4th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

Yay!

We still have to do subQ and all the rest, but we don't have to do the
force feeding, which is honestly the most traumatic (and
time-consuming) part of her care.

She seems to be a fan of the kitten kibble I bought (kitten because I
figure it's more densely packed with nutrients and calories), so I'll
just keep loading her up. I don't think she's going to chow down and
hurt herself -- she's never been a gobbler.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Now that's good news!

Old November 4th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 4 Nov., 18:16, "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

Yay!

We still have to do subQ and all the rest, but we don't have to do the
force feeding, which is honestly the most traumatic (and
time-consuming) part of her care.

She seems to be a fan of the kitten kibble I bought (kitten because I
figure it's more densely packed with nutrients and calories), so I'll
just keep loading her up. I don't think she's going to chow down and
hurt herself -- she's never been a gobbler.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

pictures:http://www.bounceswoosh.org/rpca

Thank God, that's good news!
Purrs for a good and fast recovery.

Old November 4th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
... and pooping!

YAY!!!! You go, Oscar!

And now you get to enjoy your 30th (yikes, it was years ago!) birthday
dinner with your parents!

Purrs continue just because

Jill

Old November 4th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

... and pooping!

Okay, she's eaten kibble from her plate at least twice that I know of
since we went to bed last night -- we woke up and half of the small
amount on her plate was missing; shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.

And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

Yay!

Hooray! It sounds like she's getting better. Good girl, Oscar!

Joyce
Old November 4th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Nov 4, 11:16 am, "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
... and pooping!

.... shortly after we woke up, we
witnessed her actually eating.
And I saw her pooping, first time since she got home from surgery.

... monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Great news. Well done. Purrs are headed your way for a continued
recovery for Oscar. You must be so relieved.
Annie

Old November 5th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

Whew! What a relief! She should improve quickly from now on.

Joy

Oscar Adrian Cat anecdotes 9 June 17th 06 01:27 PM
Oscar! Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 2 July 14th 05 05:47 PM
Oscar needs to go to the vet ... Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 33 June 18th 05 12:00 AM
How I got Oscar Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 February 15th 05 06:34 PM
Oscar thanks you! Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 January 29th 05 10:58 PM