Happy New Year RPCA!

Old January 1st 18, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Happy New Year RPCA!

I want to thank everyone for the holiday cards and hope you made it
through the season unscathed. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Jill & Buffy
Old January 2nd 18, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Same from me, Bonnie and Ganzi- quiet season for me, didn't do much Xmas and went to a friends NYE but left about 11.40 as they were going to walk up the hill and watch the fireworks and I had the start of a cold so I left early to be sure of getting the tube back (It runs all night on NYE but later on it's a very restricted service and I didn't fancy standing around in the cold) and was home just after midnight, alas the pub over the road had a late licence so they had loud karaoke and a load of fights broke out outside so I waited for that to quieten down then went to bed.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 2nd 18, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/2/2018 9:20 AM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Same from me, Bonnie and Ganzi- quiet season for me, didn't do much Xmas and went to a friends NYE but left about 11.40 as they were going to walk up the hill and watch the fireworks and I had the start of a cold so I left early to be sure of getting the tube back (It runs all night on NYE but later on it's a very restricted service and I didn't fancy standing around in the cold) and was home just after midnight, alas the pub over the road had a late licence so they had loud karaoke and a load of fights broke out outside so I waited for that to quieten down then went to bed.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Oh dear! Well, I wouldn't fancy a noisy night in the pubs much less
karaoke. I didn't have a drop to drink. What I did do was finish up
watching a 'Downton Abbey' marathon on public television. LOL Buffy was
next to me most of the time.

I hope you get over your cold quickly. Have a bit of broth and keep
warm with the furballs.

Jill
Old January 19th 18, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 10:58:34 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

I want to thank everyone for the holiday cards and hope you made it
through the season unscathed. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Jill & Buffy

Checking in a bit late but we all came through the new year in fine
shape. Well, Nipsy may be dying of cancer but so far he seems to be
ok.

What's odd is that for the last few days Nipsy and Scooter have had
some major screaming fights, and I'm concerned about that. Nipsy did
have something that showed up a few months back in an xray of his
lungs, but we don't know what that was and I'm not having a follow up
done because he was treated for an infection and maybe that was in the
lungs.

If it's cancer, then there's nothing to be done anyway since he's 16
and I'm not going to subject him to chemo or any other drastic
treatment.

I'm wondering if maybe Scooter is picking up some smell from Nipsy
that's causing the fights. We cat slaves don't have much to go on with
their health so we sort of have to see whatever clues we get. I'm
hopeful that maybe the cool weather has them a bit on edge.

It was 42F this morning in southern Florida, which is certainly cold
for us but nothing like the rest of the south got this week. We had a
league tennis match at 11 this morning and by then it was in the upper
50s so not so bad. We won.

Good night everyone. Oh, Baby just threw up. Doesn't look like a wet
one.
Old January 25th 18, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

I want to thank everyone for the holiday cards and hope you made it
through the season unscathed. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Jill & Buffy

Checking in a bit late but we all came through the new year in fine
shape. Well, Nipsy may be dying of cancer but so far he seems to be
ok.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

What's odd is that for the last few days Nipsy and Scooter have had
some major screaming fights, and I'm concerned about that. Nipsy did
have something that showed up a few months back in an xray of his
lungs, but we don't know what that was and I'm not having a follow up
done because he was treated for an infection and maybe that was in the
lungs.

If it's cancer, then there's nothing to be done anyway since he's 16
and I'm not going to subject him to chemo or any other drastic
treatment.

I'm wondering if maybe Scooter is picking up some smell from Nipsy
that's causing the fights. We cat slaves don't have much to go on with
their health so we sort of have to see whatever clues we get. I'm
hopeful that maybe the cool weather has them a bit on edge.

We certainly don't know what clues cats pick up from other cats. I
think it's entirely possible Scooter knows something is wrong with Nipsy.

It was 42F this morning in southern Florida, which is certainly cold
for us but nothing like the rest of the south got this week. We had a
league tennis match at 11 this morning and by then it was in the upper
50s so not so bad. We won.

Congratulations on the win!

It snowed here on January 3rd. Got a good 3-4 inches here on
Dataw/Saint Helena Island. Practically unheard of! The power went out
for a few hours. I went out for a walk. Got all bundled up in a
long wool coat with a hood, put on some boots with heavy tread, gloves
and a scarf and went out walking around. I haven't seen a "winter
wonderland" in over a decade. The flakes were big and fluffy.
Thankfully it wasn't a wet, heavy snow. Of course this is not the norm
for this area. There is no equipment for dealing with this sort of
thing so driving is out of the question.

Good night everyone. Oh, Baby just threw up. Doesn't look like a wet
one.

Awww, poor Baby. A hairball? Or just... upset/nervous tummy?

I can't explain it but Buffy has never horked up a hairball. She has
very thick fur (for a shorthair) but hairballs have never been an issue.
I do groom her using the Furminator tool, but not as often as I should.

Persia (RB 2014) had much shorter fur. And a sensitive tummy. When she
started making that sound... I never knew what might come up. The worst
was a wet bunch of grey fur. gak Thank you, Buffy, for not throwing up.

Jill
Old January 30th 18, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:55:15 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

t snowed here on January 3rd. Got a good 3-4 inches here on
Dataw/Saint Helena Island. Practically unheard of! The power went out
for a few hours. I went out for a walk. Got all bundled up in a
long wool coat with a hood, put on some boots with heavy tread, gloves
and a scarf and went out walking around. I haven't seen a "winter
wonderland" in over a decade. The flakes were big and fluffy.
Thankfully it wasn't a wet, heavy snow. Of course this is not the norm
for this area. There is no equipment for dealing with this sort of
thing so driving is out of the question.

This is my third winter here and it's the first real winter. Last year
winter came on a Sunday. This year we actually have had days where it
was under 40F in the morning. It still gets near 60 during the day,
but I did turn the heat on once or twice.

Nipsy has been sniffling but he's had that before so I'm hopeful that
it's just allergies. He is due for a vet checkup so I"ll have to
arrange theat.

Glad everyone seems to be ok.
Old January 2nd 18, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/2/2018 9:05 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I want to thank everyone for the holiday cards and hope you made it
through the season unscathed. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Jill & Buffy

Happy New Year Jill and Buffy!!! Wishing that 2018 is a lovely year for
you. Sorry I'm late, DH was doing some work on my computer so I couldn't
log on. He's back at work now so I've got my computer back.

Judith

I really thought I was just talking to myself here. It seems most
people have gone to Facebook. I tried it, just don't like it.

Computer problems, no fun!

Happy New Year! The best thing so far about it is Buffy is incredibly
cute. When I start to stir in the morning she makes sure she's
facing me. (She usually sleeps with her head down by my feet.) She
turns on her side and starts purring. Looking at me with those big
green/blue eyes.

It's the best way ever to wake up.

Of course after she's finished being cute she's all about "feed me".

Happy New Year!

Jill

OK . RPCA Meet Up Next Year.... [email protected] Cat anecdotes 13 March 28th 08 12:52 PM
RPCA Meet-up next year... [email protected] Cat anecdotes 54 March 26th 08 05:31 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Irulan Cat anecdotes 2 January 1st 08 08:08 PM
10 RPCA New Year's Resolutions CatNipped Cat anecdotes 4 January 3rd 06 10:23 PM
Another Happy New Year's to RPCA CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 January 2nd 06 12:44 AM