If this is love, I'm frightened.

Old October 2nd 03, 06:41 PM
kaeli

Default If this is love, I'm frightened.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...03/10/02/over_
100_animals_removed_from_womens_home/

"I guess my only crime is having a good heart and loving animals," said
Malloy, crying. "I'm not a bad person."

Yeah, okay then.
*shakes head*

~kaeli~
All I ask for is the chance to prove that money
cannot make me happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Old October 3rd 03, 02:45 AM
Napoleon

kaeli wrote in message . ..
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...03/10/02/over_
100_animals_removed_from_womens_home/

"I guess my only crime is having a good heart and loving animals," said
Malloy, crying. "I'm not a bad person."

Yeah, okay then.
*shakes head*

These kind of sad stories pop up somewhere on a pretty regular basis
and the facts seem to be pretty much alike-someone accumulates animals
to the point that the conditions become harmful to the animals and the
situation just goes on until the authorities step in. I assume that
the people who are involved have some kind of mental illness and
basically don't appreciate the nature of the situation they have
created.

Old October 3rd 03, 07:50 AM
-L.

(Napoleon) wrote in message . com...
kaeli wrote in message . ..
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...03/10/02/over_
100_animals_removed_from_womens_home/

"I guess my only crime is having a good heart and loving animals," said
Malloy, crying. "I'm not a bad person."

Yeah, okay then.
*shakes head*

These kind of sad stories pop up somewhere on a pretty regular basis
and the facts seem to be pretty much alike-someone accumulates animals
to the point that the conditions become harmful to the animals and the
situation just goes on until the authorities step in. I assume that
the people who are involved have some kind of mental illness and
basically don't appreciate the nature of the situation they have
created.

That's exactly it. "Collecting" is an actual disease - these people
actually do not understand that what they are doing is wrong. I once
was involved in a puppy mill/collector situation that was absolutely
horrifying (I'll spare the details - truly gorey). All the guy could
do is lament about how cute the puppies were.

-L.

Old October 3rd 03, 03:01 PM
Sherry

That's exactly it. "Collecting" is an actual disease - these people
actually do not understand that what they are doing is wrong. I once
was involved in a puppy mill/collector situation that was absolutely
horrifying (I'll spare the details - truly gorey). All the guy could
do is lament about how cute the puppies were.

-L.

Absolutely. The people *themselves* don't consider themselves "collectors" --
they truly think they're rescuing cats, at least until it gets so far out of
hand.The last one I was involved in was dogs. 2 years ago. The collector had
managed to take semi-adequate care of the animals until a financial crisis on
top of breaking her leg. Then things got out of control. It was heartbreaking.
The judge let her off the animal neglect/abuse charges with a suspended
sentence, and a court order that she never own another companion animal. I have
doubts she will be able to comply. I'm just guessing we're going to be back out
there in a year.

Sherry