raw feeding / home diets - opinions?

Old April 14th 04, 04:07 PM
Lotte

"Yngver" wrote in message
"Lotte" wrote:

Ya know... I'm thinking that Wysong may want to simplify their product

line
somewhat. I need a Sherpa guide to figure out which of their products is
supposed to do what, and that *can't* be good for sales.... L.

I don't know, I rather like that about Wysong. Their philosophy is based

on a
sort of matrix--the best diet you can provide balanced with how much

effort you
are willing to put into it. So they provide foods/supplements for several
different levels of convenience. In other words, if you prefer to feed a
typical commercial diet, they offer ways for you to improve it. According

them, at the top of the scale (best possible diet) would be freshly killed

prey
of the kind that dogs and cats normally eat. At the bottom of the scale

would
be a low quality generic cat food. Of course the top of the scale is not

really
practical for most people, so Wysong offers products to let you choose

where
you want to be on that scale.

If they simplified it by only offering a couple lines of pet food, then

they'd
be pretty much like every other pet food mfr, right? So I don't think

they'd
want to do that.

If you just want to feed one product in their line, choose Vitality canned

or
dry. That is their sort of all-purpose feline maintenance diet.

Oh, I have no problem with their philosphy, I think it's great. It's just
that, on their website, it's impossible to tell how each of the products is
intended to be used -- and they have so many, it makes it really difficult
to figure out which one will fit in with what kind of diet. Maybe they
could put up some kind of guide on the website? Or maybe they have one and
I just couldn't find it... L.

Old April 14th 04, 06:33 PM
Yngver

"Lotte" wrote:

"Yngver" wrote in message
"Lotte"
wrote:

[...]

You're right, they don't make much attempt on the Web site to explain their
various pet food diets. Some of their printed pamphlets are much more
informative, and that's what I've read. I think I picked them up at some health
food stores that carry Wysong.

Old April 16th 04, 04:23 PM
PawsForThought

From: Cheryl

(PawsForThought) dumped this in
on 13 Apr 2004:

I use Archetype as treats sometimes. It's a freeze dried food that
you have to add water to, let it soak and then feed it. My cats didn't
like it that way so I just give them little pieces of it dry.

I was looking into that for Shadow because he is very spoiled, and though
he is doing very well on a mainly canned food diet, he still won't rest
until he gets a little bit of dry to crunch. He's persistant and if you saw
how he acts you'd give in, too. Only a little bit though. None of the
natural food pet food markets here carry Archetype so I haven't tried it on
him yet.

Archetype is not really a dry food in the sense of it being crunchy pieces.
Rather it's a freeze dried food. Kinda hard to describe. My cats love it dry
but when I added water to rehydrate it, they didn't really like it. Wysong
does make a regular dry food though called Vitality which is their regular
type, and then they have a few other varieties of dry. One other thing Wysong
makes is something called Dentatreat which is like a parmesan cheese
consistency. You just sprinkle it on their food. I think it works great for
finicky cats as a bribe food.

Lauren

________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old April 16th 04, 04:23 PM
PawsForThought

Feeding time! Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 4 October 15th 03 12:09 AM
Tube feeding for liver disease?? Bill from Tampa Cat health & behaviour 10 August 20th 03 12:25 AM