Update on my brother Dick

Old July 16th 04, 08:57 PM
Jo Firey

Default Update on my brother Dick

It's been a rough week for my brother Dick and for our family. He made it
through the surgery to put a patch on his aorta last Friday. But he has
been on a respirator since. For the most part they have been keeping him
heavily sedated. Otherwise his BP goes sky high. He has had a Cat scan
that looks normal. He was off the respirator for a while yesterday and
could squeeze Jeanetta's hand. But he still has a lot of gunk in his chest
and since he isn't able to cough it out he is back on the respirator as they
can suction it out with that. He was able to talk a little yesterday and
knew who his family was and that they were there.

So thank you all for you good wishes and for your prayers. Just please
don't quit quite yet. We still have a long way to go.

Love you guys

Jo

Old July 16th 04, 09:04 PM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
It's been a rough week for my brother Dick and for our family. He
made it through the surgery to put a patch on his aorta last Friday.
But he has been on a respirator since. For the most part they have
been keeping him heavily sedated. Otherwise his BP goes sky high.
He has had a Cat scan that looks normal. He was off the respirator
for a while yesterday and could squeeze Jeanetta's hand. But he
still has a lot of gunk in his chest and since he isn't able to cough
it out he is back on the respirator as they can suction it out with
that. He was able to talk a little yesterday and knew who his family
was and that they were there.

So thank you all for you good wishes and for your prayers. Just
please don't quit quite yet. We still have a long way to go.

Love you guys

Jo

Many PURRS and quiet little chirps from Peaches (so as not to disturb Dick)

Jill

Old July 16th 04, 10:16 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:57:04 -0700, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

It's been a rough week for my brother Dick and for our family. He made it
through the surgery to put a patch on his aorta last Friday. But he has
been on a respirator since. For the most part they have been keeping him
heavily sedated. Otherwise his BP goes sky high. He has had a Cat scan
that looks normal. He was off the respirator for a while yesterday and
could squeeze Jeanetta's hand. But he still has a lot of gunk in his chest
and since he isn't able to cough it out he is back on the respirator as they
can suction it out with that. He was able to talk a little yesterday and
knew who his family was and that they were there.

So thank you all for you good wishes and for your prayers. Just please
don't quit quite yet. We still have a long way to go.

Love you guys

Jo

Will purr again for Dick. May his recovery br soon. MLB