We, the living

Old September 18th 05, 05:08 PM
Norm

Default We, the living

Walked over to the cairns and touched them both, and sat down, a little
nostalgic and sad - either Max or Beast had been with me for 22 years.
Then came a morose little cry, something like the Siamese used to make
when we played hide-and-seek and he couldn't find me.
It's Quinn, he'd followed me but lost me on the path, so I called him.
He walks past the woodpile and sees me, I make a little noise at him:
Tail up! And off he goes into the woods so I get up and follow, making
raucous noises at him. As soon as I get within 10' off he goes again
50' deeper and up a tree.
Another voice heard from! Willie's joined us, lo, when I answer him
*he* runs off and scratches on a log, looking back at me. Willie
doesn't play this game much so goodo! I make some noises at him.
Meanwhile Quinn takes off again and runs a circle with me at the apex of
the arc and jumps on the woodpile to scratch. I miss my old guys but
I'm pretty lucky to have my "new" ones. Norm

--
"In 2005, the refining margin...has exceeded $20 per barrel, far above
the long-term average of $6. That has meant record profits for oil
Old September 18th 05, 07:17 PM
cybercat

"Norm" wrote in message

I miss my old guys but
I'm pretty lucky to have my "new" ones. Norm

Poignant post, Norm. I think many of us identify with these feelings.

Old September 19th 05, 04:30 AM
Marina

Norm wrote:
Walked over to the cairns and touched them both, and sat down, a little
nostalgic and sad - either Max or Beast had been with me for 22 years.

Lovely post, Norm. Thank you.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 19th 05, 12:04 PM
Norm

cybercat wrote:
"Norm" wrote in message

I miss my old guys but
I'm pretty lucky to have my "new" ones. Norm

Poignant post, Norm. I think many of us identify with these feelings.

Thanks to you and Marina. It was a special moment of having "all of
them" together. Norm

Old September 19th 05, 10:05 PM
Christina Websell

"Norm" wrote in message
[...]

This made me sad. The graves I have in my garden are of my beloved dogs
that I loved so much, especially one. Now I have two cats.

Tweed

Old September 19th 05, 10:15 PM
Karen

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Norm" wrote in message
[...]

You might have to think about getting a puppy some day. No reason you
couldn't have a dog TOO. I grew up with dogs and cats and they were great
friends.

Old September 19th 05, 11:16 PM
Christina Websell

"Norm" wrote in message
[...]

Karen, I don't know what my long term prognosis is. Debbie will have BF &
Helen M, Kitty. My friend June will sort out the poultry. That's if the
worst comes to the worst eventually. It would be unfair on my family and
friends if I took on a puppy now, however much I want to, and I do. To take
on a puppy I need to know I will live 20 years and I probably won't so I
will just sniffle over the new litter of whippets my friend had born last
week.

Tweed

Old September 20th 05, 01:43 AM
Karen

On 2005-09-19 17:16:16 -0500, "Christina Websell"

"Norm" wrote in message
[...]

Perhaps you should think about fostering someday then. Maybe later,
when you are a little more confident in your prognosis, you could
consider it. I bet there are often puppies out there or dogs, who like
cats that need a foster parent. You love dogs so much it would be
ashame to let all your knowledge with them go unused.

Old September 20th 05, 02:54 PM
lewe

"Norm" wrote in message
[...]

lovely post. purrs

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi