Emily Survives Month In Plane's Cargo

Old October 30th 05, 02:21 PM
Robert Cohen

Default Emily Survives Month In Plane's Cargo

CBS this "Sunday Morning" reports a cat tale from France.

I suppose there was food/prey/liquid, some oxygen & some warmth in the
cargo place?

What else would a kitty need, other than cat-like patience.

How much did Emily weigh when found?

Old October 30th 05, 06:03 PM
John of Aix

Robert Cohen wrote:
CBS this "Sunday Morning" reports a cat tale from France.

I suppose there was food/prey/liquid, some oxygen & some warmth in the
cargo place?

What else would a kitty need, other than cat-like patience.

How much did Emily weigh when found?

I read that she was skinny but in good health. Reports vary on her
access to food, some say she had none (in a container, some say there
are no mice on the ship anyway and some say she ate her own excrement..
Remarkanly resilient animal in any case.

Old October 30th 05, 06:34 PM

John of Aix wrote:
Robert Cohen wrote:
CBS this "Sunday Morning" reports a cat tale from France.

I suppose there was food/prey/liquid, some oxygen & some warmth in the
cargo place?

What else would a kitty need, other than cat-like patience.

How much did Emily weigh when found?

I read that she was skinny but in good health. Reports vary on her
access to food, some say she had none (in a container, some say there
are no mice on the ship anyway and some say she ate her own excrement..
Remarkanly resilient animal in any case.

The kitten was found in good health but was sadly eaten by a Frenchman
right after landing.

Old October 30th 05, 06:36 PM
Robert Cohen

Domestic cats are truly amazing: The cliches about curiosity and nine
lives are accurate.

I just read an article in an actual Sunday magazine (where? PARADE?) or
newspaper about people in the U.S. having tigers, bobcats, (and lions?)
as house/yard pets.

It's actually legal in some States, and they're owned in the thousands
(legally/illegally).

They obtain/buy 'em via the internet (wherever that is).

I can't eagerly envision myself petting/caring-for a tiger.

Plus the article says expenses of $100--$200 USD a month in food
alone, and veternarian treatment isn't that easy to obtain.

And when that cutey-pie pet tiger or a bobcat bites its owner/master
a little to simply send a message about being temporarily irritated, as
my house kitty sometimes harmlessly does, I fear that little bite has
to be treated with stitches in the emergency room of a hospital.

Old October 30th 05, 07:03 PM
No More Retail

In US you must obtain a exotic pet permit except in Texas. Mostly the ones
who own them are in Texas where the exotic pets laws are very flimsy. And
most are financial set the ones that you here about cruelty have either
illegal obtained them or the animals are from closed down petting or
traveling zoos

A lot of these exotic pet owners out side of Texas either illegal have them
or have them for the ultimate pet theory; which is look what I have and you
don't.

Down her in Florida near Walt Disney World there is a Tiger farm that you
can go get your license and training at. IT cost alot to get your license

Old October 30th 05, 09:22 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

John of Aix wrote:
Robert Cohen wrote:

CBS this "Sunday Morning" reports a cat tale from France.

I suppose there was food/prey/liquid, some oxygen & some warmth in the
cargo place?

What else would a kitty need, other than cat-like patience.

How much did Emily weigh when found?

I read that she was skinny but in good health. Reports vary on her
access to food, some say she had none (in a container, some say there
are no mice on the ship anyway

Yeah, sure!!! (There's this bridge I have for sale......)
Anyplace you find humans and foodstuffs, you find mice.
(Even more so if the containers were hauling grain - anyone
know what the cargo was?) I don't think those containers
are hermetically sealed, so it's quite possible Emily was
able to get out - at least far enough to find water and do a
little foraging.

Old October 30th 05, 09:44 PM
No More Retail

I was almost believe that a crew many probably put some food and water out
but kept it quiet so he did not have to report it and start filing paperwork
out

But I saw pets come out of the big easy almost a month after skinny and
deydrated but still alive

Old October 30th 05, 11:14 PM
Enfilade

I just read an article in an actual Sunday magazine (where? PARADE?) or
newspaper about people in the U.S. having tigers, bobcats, (and lions?)
as house/yard pets.

One of my high school classmates was killed by a tiger. His uncle
owned an exotic animal park, and Graydon had a summer job working with
the animals (he had done it since he was about 13--several years.

They found him dead, skin intact, in the tiger cage. Autopsy showed
his neck was broken cleanly. The coroner believes that one of the
tigers took a playful bat at him, and did more damage than kitty
intended.

I have a friend who is a herpetologist and keeps venomous snakes at
home. She uses many precautions caring for them (properly secured
cages, protective gear, doesn't handle them unnecessarily, won't allow
anyone but herself in the snake room when a cage is opened) but she has
come to terms with the fact that her pets may one day kill her.

--Fil

(who is glad that Nocturne will never reach the mass of a saber-tooth
tiger like she seems to THINK she will someday)