Visiting the Grandcats

Old August 17th 03, 04:08 PM
bewtifulfreak

Default Visiting the Grandcats

Sherry wrote:
I wwent today to visit the grandcats, and like a good Grandmeowmie, I
took treats in my purse. Those new natural, no-preservatives,
dehydrated anchovies, to be exact. This cat is so spoiled it is
absolutely undescribable. He went nuts sniffing as I was opening the
packages, then I tossed one on the floor to him. He look at me. Jamie
picked it up, and held it while he daintily sniffed and picked at it.
I go "Wazza matter? Doesn't he like it?" She said, "Orion doesn't eat
treats off the floor."
Geez. I shoulda known.

Reminds me of our brats....the other night, we were having a barbeque, and
Greebo was pestering my husband Erian's cousin, Russ, for some of his
chicken. So he threw a piece down for him, but he just sniffed it. I knew
what was up with him, so I broke it up into little pieces, after which he
went ahead and ate it, the spoiled rotten brat! I wouldn't even have
bothered, except I figured since he'd made such a pest of himself, and Russ
was nice enough to give him some, he was bloody well gonna eat it now,
LOL....

Ann
--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 17th 03, 04:10 PM
lrulan

LOL! That's a good one, Sherry.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Sherry " wrote in message
I wwent today to visit the grandcats, and like a good Grandmeowmie, I took
treats in my purse. Those new natural, no-preservatives, dehydrated

anchovies,
to be exact. This cat is so spoiled it is absolutely undescribable. He

went
nuts sniffing as I was opening the packages, then I tossed one on the

floor to
him. He look at me. Jamie picked it up, and held it while he daintily

sniffed
and picked at it. I go "Wazza matter? Doesn't he like it?" She said,
"Orion doesn't eat treats off the floor."
Geez. I shoulda known.

Sherry

Old August 18th 03, 06:22 AM
Hopitus2

This explains the behavior of Grendl, 14-year-old black cat at one of our
son's best friends; while at a BBQ in their backyard, I was picking off
succulent morsels of grilled salmon steak and feeding tiny boneless bits to
Grendl, who licked them from my hand, but when one fell into the grass, he
went so far as to bend down and sniff it, but didn't consume the tasty
piece. If I picked it *back up*, he would lick it from my hand! At the time,
I said to him, "Grendl, are you a food snob who won't eat off the grass?".
Had forgotten about it till I read this thread........

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
: (Sherry ) wrote in message
: I wwent today to visit the grandcats, and like a good Grandmeowmie, I
took
: treats in my purse. Those new natural, no-preservatives, dehydrated
anchovies,
: to be exact. This cat is so spoiled it is absolutely undescribable. He
went
: nuts sniffing as I was opening the packages, then I tossed one on the
floor to
: him. He look at me. Jamie picked it up, and held it while he daintily
sniffed
: and picked at it. I go "Wazza matter? Doesn't he like it?" She said,
: "Orion doesn't eat treats off the floor."
: Geez. I shoulda known.
:
: Sherry
:
:
: LOL! Mike does this - if he's eating something out of my hand and it
: drops to the floor, he will wait *with a very patient look on his
: face* while I pick it up. He doesn't even look at the floor to see
: where it went. :-D
:
: ------
: Krista

Old August 18th 03, 02:58 PM
Julie Cook

Sherry wrote:

I go "Wazza matter? Doesn't he like it?" She said,
"Orion doesn't eat treats off the floor."
Geez. I shoulda known.

Sherry

Hobbes and the girls say, "Well, duh, Grandmeow, don't you know *anything*?"

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old August 18th 03, 06:51 PM
Tanada

Sherry wrote:

I wwent today to visit the grandcats, and like a good Grandmeowmie, I took
treats in my purse. Those new natural, no-preservatives, dehydrated anchovies,
to be exact. This cat is so spoiled it is absolutely undescribable. He went
nuts sniffing as I was opening the packages, then I tossed one on the floor to
him. He look at me. Jamie picked it up, and held it while he daintily sniffed
and picked at it. I go "Wazza matter? Doesn't he like it?" She said,
"Orion doesn't eat treats off the floor."
Geez. I shoulda known.

Our cats hated the anchovy snacks. Food dropped on the floor is waste,
and, unless kicked out by themselves, to be ignored. Ours insist upon,
and receive their snacks on a plate.

Pam S.
Old August 18th 03, 09:27 PM
Sherry

Our cats hated the anchovy snacks. Food dropped on the floor is waste,
and, unless kicked out by themselves, to be ignored. Ours insist upon,
and receive their snacks on a plate.

Pam S.

Mine weren't too wild about them either. They would gnaw the heads off and
leave the rest. Uck. And they stank to high heaven. I know this sounds crazy,
but I didn't like to feed them in front of the aquarium fish. It seemed bad for
the fishy morale.

Sherry

Sherry
Old August 18th 03, 09:50 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:51:18 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Sherry wrote:

I wwent today to visit the grandcats, and like a good Grandmeowmie, I took
treats in my purse. Those new natural, no-preservatives, dehydrated anchovies,
to be exact. This cat is so spoiled it is absolutely undescribable. He went
nuts sniffing as I was opening the packages, then I tossed one on the floor to
him. He look at me. Jamie picked it up, and held it while he daintily sniffed
and picked at it. I go "Wazza matter? Doesn't he like it?" She said,
"Orion doesn't eat treats off the floor."
Geez. I shoulda known.

Our cats hated the anchovy snacks. Food dropped on the floor is waste,
and, unless kicked out by themselves, to be ignored. Ours insist upon,
and receive their snacks on a plate.

Pam S.

Sammy is too spoiled for a plate of people food. If I let her she'll
reach over and pick something off my plate to taste, but even when she
looks like she likes it won't eat if I get her her own plate. As far
as people food, she'll eat anything, except fruit, that I offer from
my plate (potatoe, carrots, even spinach) as long as it's a small bite
and I hold it for her, but nothing else. Her favorite seems to be
roast chicken - she'll eat all I offer. But even chicken is ignored if
put on her own plate - but not wasted as Little Bit will clean the
plate. They rarely eat people food, though, and Sammy is kept out of
the kitchen when I cook, as she wants to be up on the counter helping,
and I'm always afraid of her stepping on the stove.
Old August 18th 03, 10:05 PM
Dan & Nancy Mahoney

Sammy is too spoiled for a plate of people food. If I let her she'll
reach over and pick something off my plate to taste, but even when she
looks like she likes it won't eat if I get her her own plate. As far
as people food, she'll eat anything, except fruit, that I offer from
my plate (potatoe, carrots, even spinach) as long as it's a small bite
and I hold it for her, but nothing else. Her favorite seems to be
roast chicken - she'll eat all I offer. But even chicken is ignored if
put on her own plate - but not wasted as Little Bit will clean the
plate. They rarely eat people food, though, and Sammy is kept out of
the kitchen when I cook, as she wants to be up on the counter helping,
and I'm always afraid of her stepping on the stove.

Tabitha is much the same. She'll walk away from food that's offered to
her on her own plate, but will have a grand time helping her humans out
by sneaking bits from the human's plates. And *none* of our four would
even *consider* eating any sort of snack off the floor!

Dan

Old August 18th 03, 10:09 PM
Lisa Katt

Sherry skrev i meddelandet ...

Mine weren't too wild about them either. They would gnaw the heads off and
leave the rest. Uck. And they stank to high heaven. I know this sounds

crazy,
but I didn't like to feed them in front of the aquarium fish. It seemed bad

for
the fishy morale.

Sherry

ROTFL!