cat wants privacy in the bathroom

Old February 4th 04, 05:46 PM
MGW

Default cat wants privacy in the bathroom

We have a cat who closes herself in the bathroom when she wants to be
alone! For background, we have 2 shelves in the bathroom that the
cats like to lie on - we just keep a towel on them for comfort but
don't try to store anything on them. This is not the bathroom that
has the litter box - it's the "people" bathroom.

Every once in awhile, I'll go upstairs and find the bathroom door
closed. Over time, it's become clear that Smarty purposely shuts the
door behind her, then goes up to chill out on her shelf. We actually
had to get a doorstop so that we could make sure that she didn't lock
herself in the bathroom while we're away or overnight! Does anyone
else's cat do anything like this?
Old February 4th 04, 06:12 PM
Wendy

"MGW" wrote in message
We have a cat who closes herself in the bathroom when she wants to be
alone! For background, we have 2 shelves in the bathroom that the
cats like to lie on - we just keep a towel on them for comfort but
don't try to store anything on them. This is not the bathroom that
has the litter box - it's the "people" bathroom.

Every once in awhile, I'll go upstairs and find the bathroom door
closed. Over time, it's become clear that Smarty purposely shuts the
door behind her, then goes up to chill out on her shelf. We actually
had to get a doorstop so that we could make sure that she didn't lock
herself in the bathroom while we're away or overnight! Does anyone
else's cat do anything like this?

Boots closed himself in the bathroom last week. He had swiped a Beanie Baby
(that he knows he's not supposed to have) from my room and took it into the
bathroom and closed the door. I saw him working on closing the door (took
him a couple of maneuvers) so I know he meant to do that. Went to check out
what he was up to later and found him sleeping with the Beanie Baby. The
funny thing is the bathroom is where he gets his time-outs when he's being
"bad". Guess he couldn't resist the Beanie Baby and decided he needed a time
out lol

Old February 4th 04, 07:51 PM
SongSylvan

Does anyone
else's cat do anything like this?

Chase can open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors, and that's where he's always
liked to go and 'hide' when he needs space. It really works out nice when he
wants away from Paintball, because she can't open them (she doesn't have enough
weight behind her to do it). So instead she just sits outside the cabinet,
waiting for him to come back out so she can play with/annoy the beejeezus out
of him.

Magdalene
IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado & IFoRP #57
KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
"Don't mess with me, I dance with swords."
To email me, remove my bodice

Old February 5th 04, 12:52 AM
Mary

"Wendy" wrote in message

Boots closed himself in the bathroom last week. He had swiped a

Beanie Baby
(that he knows he's not supposed to have) from my room and took it

into the
bathroom and closed the door. I saw him working on closing the door

(took
him a couple of maneuvers) so I know he meant to do that. Went to

check out
what he was up to later and found him sleeping with the Beanie Baby.

The
funny thing is the bathroom is where he gets his time-outs when he's

being
"bad". Guess he couldn't resist the Beanie Baby and decided he

needed a time
out lol

This is unspeakably cute! LOL!

Old February 5th 04, 02:36 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"MGW" wrote in message
Every once in awhile, I'll go upstairs and find the bathroom door
closed. Over time, it's become clear that Smarty purposely shuts the
door behind her, then goes up to chill out on her shelf. We actually
had to get a doorstop so that we could make sure that she didn't lock
herself in the bathroom while we're away or overnight! Does anyone
else's cat do anything like this?

My cat Otto likes to close my bedroom door (while I'm inside, in bed). I
think he does it to keep Tiger out. He only discovered this new trick a
couple of months ago. He knows what he's supposed to do to get out, but
hasn't been able to actually turn the doorknob yet. He'll just sit on the
dresser and rattle it with his paw until I get up and let him out. And poor
Tiger is always sitting right outside, looking lost.

Liz

Old February 5th 04, 08:09 AM
Cat Protector

My cat Isis knows how to close doors and open them. It has nothing to do
with the litterbox though. Jade has yet to even bother but she does seem to
be one of those kitties who doesn't always cover her waste when she uses the
litter box. It must be because she prefers to do her business alone. I have
yet to figure that out as being the main reason though.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com