PIZZA!!!! Here's your new thread Matthew

Old August 4th 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default PIZZA!!!! Here's your new thread Matthew

Capsicum, green pepper..... Thank you John, you saved me a google with the
explanation.
"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:23:33 -0400, tanadashoes wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message

Hmmm... I wonder if us Aussies have different pizza styles to you folk
over the other side of the pond.

Here's the links to some chain pizza places: http://www.pizzahut.com.au
(you'll need a postcode. Mine is 2530.You could try and see the
differences in menus across the states - all Australian postcodes are 4
digits)
http://www.dominos.com.au
http://www.eagleboys.com.au

But there's also "Italian family" type pizzarias that may or many not
be on the web, and may or may not have traditional Italian style pizza.
Thse folks would make their own dough from their family recipe and put
'whatever' on their pizza. Rocket, provolone, anchovies, slices of
tomato and fresh basil on a crust just barely painted with a tomato
sauce. Yummmmmm. But nothing like the pizza you'd buy at a chain, nor
like other pizzas from other 'Italian Pizzeria' places that make pizzas
that are more Australian style than Italian.

I'm playing in Pizza Hut's Aussie site right now and already I've
noticed a few ingredient differences in the toppings. If I recall
correctly, our Supremes don't include pineapple, Kransky (some type of
sausage?), or capsicum. They tend to have pepperoni, Italian sausage,
green pepper, onion, mushrooms, sliced olives (same as olive wedges) and
mozzarella cheese. I probably have forgot something, but those are the
basics. I haven't gone much further than that. The Hawaiian pizzas are
the same.

Mandy and Rob prefer Mario's Hawaiian, as it includes grilled chicken
and a few other things to the basic ham and pineapple.

Pam S. fascinated

Capsicum is the genus name for peppers. What Americans call "green
pepper" is the unripe form of the bell pepper, Capsicum annuum, the only
variety of pepper without a hot flavor.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

PIZZA BOYS! Karen Cat anecdotes 6 December 29th 07 02:46 PM
Cat Pizza Norm Cat anecdotes 13 January 10th 06 11:56 AM
HEEZ SITTIN ON THE PIZZA!!!!!!!! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 4 December 23rd 05 04:18 AM
Attack of the pizza rings! Sandy Cat anecdotes 2 May 24th 05 02:39 AM
OT - Ordering Pizza Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 14 August 19th 04 03:51 AM