Vid: Caliban on the dock

Old August 7th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Caliban on the dock

Marina wrote in
:

tanadashoes wrote:

Great video. I'm with Caliban. I ducked every time one of them dive
bombed the poor little guy. I forgot to ask, what was the story
about him and the boat?

Do you mean the pictures of him sitting in the boat? No story, he just
liked hanging around in the boat. Maybe he was practicing for look-out
duty on the Mouser.

I think Pam meant why you showed the boat in the video but I _did_ like the
photos of him on the boat. Capt Caliban! Arghhh!
Old August 7th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

outsider wrote:

I think Pam meant why you showed the boat in the video but I _did_ like the
photos of him on the boat. Capt Caliban! Arghhh!

Oh, right! The house martins were sitting on the boat, but I know
they're hard to spot.

Old August 7th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message
Caliban on the dock, trying to act as if he is not under constant attack
from house martins. I wish I'd had the camera the first time he went out
on the dock and the birds came. Caliban would put a paw up in the air, as
if he expected one of the birds to just fly into his open paw. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlHrbZrqj8c

I initially read this as "Caliban in the dock"

I was wondering what he had been up to...

Old August 8th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Vid: Caliban on the dock

Marina wrote:

Caliban on the dock, trying to act as if he is not under constant attack
from house martins. I wish I'd had the camera the first time he went out
on the dock and the birds came. Caliban would put a paw up in the air,
as if he expected one of the birds to just fly into his open paw. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlHrbZrqj8c

He did put his paw up once, but I guess he's learned that that doesn't
gain him anything.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 8th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"outsider" wrote in message
Marina wrote in
:

tanadashoes wrote:

Great video. I'm with Caliban. I ducked every time one of them dive
bombed the poor little guy. I forgot to ask, what was the story
about him and the boat?

Do you mean the pictures of him sitting in the boat? No story, he just
liked hanging around in the boat. Maybe he was practicing for look-out
duty on the Mouser.

I think Pam meant why you showed the boat in the video but I _did_ like
the
photos of him on the boat. Capt Caliban! Arghhh!

Nope, wanted to know if there was a story about him sitting in the boat. He
looked so cute and ready for look out duty.

Pam S.

Old August 8th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I really liked the pictures of the storm or afterward.
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"outsider" wrote in message
Marina wrote in
:

Old August 8th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Marina wrote:
Caliban on the dock, trying to act as if he is not under constant attack
from house martins. I wish I'd had the camera the first time he went out
on the dock and the birds came. Caliban would put a paw up in the air,
as if he expected one of the birds to just fly into his open paw. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlHrbZrqj8c

Uh-oh. Mistletoe really likes Caliban. She sat up and purred and
trilled throughout the vid.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 8th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Adrian wrote:
When watching that vid the song that plays in my mind is 'Sitting on the
dock of the bay' :-)

Not a bad earworm. Not bad at all.

Old August 8th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:
"outsider" wrote in message
Marina wrote in
:

tanadashoes wrote:
Great video. I'm with Caliban. I ducked every time one of them dive
bombed the poor little guy. I forgot to ask, what was the story
about him and the boat?
Do you mean the pictures of him sitting in the boat? No story, he just
liked hanging around in the boat. Maybe he was practicing for look-out
duty on the Mouser.

I think Pam meant why you showed the boat in the video but I _did_ like
the
photos of him on the boat. Capt Caliban! Arghhh!

Nope, wanted to know if there was a story about him sitting in the boat. He
looked so cute and ready for look out duty.

Maybe he thought it was safer to practice on dry land (in case you
didn't notice, the boat was drawn up onto the sand) before going out on
the Mouser.

Old August 8th 08, 07:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...

When watching that vid the song that plays in my mind is
'Sitting on the dock of the bay' :-)

"Ditto" - before you mentioned it!

--
MatSav

Sorry, Caliban! Marina Cat anecdotes 21 April 16th 08 02:18 PM
Caliban did it again Marina Cat anecdotes 11 April 6th 08 10:03 PM
Pics: Caliban here, Caliban there Marina Cat anecdotes 8 February 10th 08 10:21 PM
CaliBAN Marina Cat anecdotes 13 November 3rd 07 10:21 PM
More of Caliban Marina Cat anecdotes 7 October 2nd 05 02:52 AM