OT favorite type of cream soup

Old August 5th 10, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT favorite type of cream soup

Ok next week starts the puree diet I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

Remember I am in Florida. Also they will be stranded so it can not have
lumps unless I puree it. I am not allowed starchy vegetables such as corn,
certain beans and potatoes ;-)

I have had in he hospital Progresso Cream of Mushroom and Cream of
chicken.both were very good

I plan to go to a local organic section in a local grocery chained called
Publix as soon as I am allowed to drive again

I am going to have to start dipping back into my cooking again when I can
start eating normal food again in about 6 weeks.

Old August 5th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Was just wondering how you were doing. A whole new learning process, this
way you have to eat. Glad you are looking forward to it. Best of luck.
g.com...

Old August 6th 10, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 5, 4:15*pm, "Matthew" wrote:
Ok *next week starts the puree diet *I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

Remember I am in Florida. *Also they will be stranded so it can not have
lumps unless I puree it. *I am not allowed starchy vegetables *such as corn,
certain beans and potatoes *;-)

I have had in he hospital *Progresso *Cream of Mushroom and Cream of
chicken.both were very good

I plan to go to a local organic section in a local grocery chained called
Publix as soon as I am allowed to drive again

I am going to have to start dipping back into my cooking again when I can
start eating normal food again in about 6 weeks.

If you can find the Cheddar soup (Campbell's used to make an awesome
one). I've had the cheddar/broccoli, and the broccoli was really
tiny, but a blender would take care of that. I also like Cream of
Celery (but then I adore celery). Can you to do "Golden Tomato"?
It's a combo of cream of mushroom and tomato soup (Campbell's again, I
think). I've always been fond of Chicken and Beef broth as well, for
a change from "cream of".
Old August 6th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

"Matthew"
Ok next week starts the puree diet I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

Remember I am in Florida. Also they will be stranded so it can not have
lumps unless I puree it. I am not allowed starchy vegetables such as
corn, certain beans and potatoes ;-)

I have had in he hospital Progresso Cream of Mushroom and Cream of
chicken.both were very good

I plan to go to a local organic section in a local grocery chained called
Publix as soon as I am allowed to drive again

I am going to have to start dipping back into my cooking again when I can
start eating normal food again in about 6 weeks.

I've always loved Cream of Tomato soup.
Has to NOT have msg in it..migraine city..so glad you are doung better.
Love
Kyla

Old August 6th 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Matthew" wrote:
Ok next week starts the puree diet I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

My favorite is something ethnic:
http://japanesefood.about.com/od/chi...tew-Recipe.htm

For your diet, you may have to cut down on the higher fat dairy
ingredients, and leave out the potatoes, probably substituting that
with more onion, carrots, or broccoli.
Old August 6th 10, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

My favorite is something ethnic:http://japanesefood.about.com/od/chi...se-Chicken-Cre...

For your diet, you may have to cut down on the higher fat dairy
ingredients, and leave out the potatoes, probably substituting that
with more onion, carrots, or broccoli.

That looks good. Matt, can you have miso (white and/.or red) soup?
Sold in organic food markets.
Old August 6th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote:
Ok next week starts the puree diet I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

My favorite is something ethnic:
http://japanesefood.about.com/od/chi...tew-Recipe.htm

For your diet, you may have to cut down on the higher fat dairy
ingredients, and leave out the potatoes, probably substituting that
with more onion, carrots, or broccoli.

all starchy vegetables such as corn and potatoes are gone for the next few
months When I get time to copy and paste I will post exactly what I am
going to be doing for the next few months

Old August 6th 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote:
Ok next week starts the puree diet I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

My favorite is something ethnic:
http://japanesefood.about.com/od/chi...tew-Recipe.htm

For your diet, you may have to cut down on the higher fat dairy
ingredients, and leave out the potatoes, probably substituting that
with more onion, carrots, or broccoli.

He can't even eat that pulverized in a blender right now, Tak.

Jill

Old August 6th 10, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
Ok next week starts the puree diet I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

Remember I am in Florida. Also they will be stranded so it can not have
lumps unless I puree it. I am not allowed starchy vegetables such as
corn, certain beans and potatoes ;-)

I'm not sure how "starchy" this is. Do you have a blender? Or a stick
blender? Maybe my roasted butternut squash soup would work. And of course
the recipe can be cut in half and stores well in the refrigerator.

2 butternut squash (about 4 lbs.)
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 c. chicken stock or broth
2 c. water
1-1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. minced onion or onion powder
1 tsp. dried tarragon leaves or to taste

Cut squashes in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush with olive
oil and place, cut side down, on a baking sheet. Roast the squash at 350F
for 1 hour until tender. Handle with an oven mitt; scoop the flesh from the
shell with a spoon and place in a large mixing bowl. In another mixing bowl,
blend together the stock and water. Add a little minced garlic if desired.
Puree the squash in a blender or food processor with the liquid in batches,
adding liquid as needed, until smooth (this can also be done in the cooking
pot with a stick blender). Add the salt & pepper, onion and tarragon. Bring
soup to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook over very low heat about
an hour, stirring occasionally. Serves 8-10.

Jill

Old August 6th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Matthew" wrote:
Ok next week starts the puree diet I. am allowed low fat cream soups.

So hit me with some of your favorites and or recipes.

My favorite is something
ethnic:http://japanesefood.about.com/od/chi...se-Chicken-Cre...

For your diet, you may have to cut down on the higher fat dairy
ingredients, and leave out the potatoes, probably substituting that
with more onion, carrots, or broccoli.

That looks good. Matt, can you have miso (white and/.or red) soup?
Sold in organic food markets.

only low fat creamed soups starting on Monday nothing with chunks unless I
can puree it.
I have to watch carbs , acid levels, sodium and starches. The diet plan
is calls for a creative attitude I will post what I can have pureed here
tomorrow It is too late to copy and paste tonight

soup casez Granby Cat community 2 January 27th 08 03:45 AM
Chicken Soup ... Susan M Cat anecdotes 2 December 4th 05 07:22 PM
Lentil soup, Asian style Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 17 March 1st 05 08:37 PM
Soup David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 27 October 22nd 04 05:49 PM
Chicken Soup numbers Jon C Cat health & behaviour 6 January 6th 04 10:20 PM