If your owner was a Hoomin

Old January 28th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default If your owner was a Hoomin

"Lesley" wrote in message
I was thinking about this the other day and thought I would throw it
in

If somehow your owners got turned into Hoomin's what sort of Hoomin
would they be?

KittyFC would be Germaine Greer, fierce feminist. Boyfie, such a gentle
kind boy would probably be a wildlife photographer for the BBC.

Old January 28th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Miz Piglet would pretty much be a lady unless someone crossed her really and
unfairly.

O. T. would be a reporter of some sort, always in someone else's business.

Willow would be a wild child!!!
"Stormmee" wrote in message
-Tiger would turn immediately into Jackie mason, including mumbling to
himself.
-Trudi would dress daringly then slap me who looked or tried to touch
while
she put flowers in her hair and mumbled the vilest of swear words under
her
breath.
-TV would sit in front of the television watching, hoping he had a woman
bring his food and bear because acquiring either would tax his brain too
much, said same woman would also have to operate the remote as this would
simply be too complex... he would however make it worth said woman's while
in the affection department.
-OEJ, would be an activist, giving speeches about something, being too
busy
to do anything but run around and talk.
-Stormmee would find someone,*currently DH* devote herself to them and
complain when they didn't appreciate what she was doing... she would have
no
trouble getting into a fight to protect her man.
-Chester, would not be opposed to smoking a little dope and partying all
the
time, but he might not smoke too much because he is so laid back its not
really necessary to relax or munch food.

Lee
Lesley wrote in message
I was thinking about this the other day and thought I would throw it
in

If somehow your owners got turned into Hoomin's what sort of Hoomin
would they be?

Let's see

Speedy Joe would have been a sexist macho pig. He would read any paper
with a picture of boobs in it. Drink lager. Support his local football
team. Grope women and make comments like "I don't fancy yours much!"
as women went past. Get into the occasional fight at the match. He'd
probably be a loudmouth

Fugazi would have been, quiet and sensible and laid back. Think rather
shy, happier in her own company. Vague interest in esoteric philosophy
but wears sensible shoes probably reads the Guadian

Isis would of course have been a lady. She would wear long dresses.
drink tea, eat cucumber sandwiches with the crusts removed. Her
hobbies would be embroidery and maybe knitting. She would never swear
beyond "Drat" She would of course read the "Lady" and maybe the
"Times" although she would skip the bad news and political bits as
unworthy of the notice of a lady. You just know she would have a fan

Dunzi would have long hair, a kaftan, tinted glasses, a few tomes on
meditation, smoke weed and spend time in Ashrams or communes where she
would practice free love. She would say "Like, man" a lot. She would
be into yoga and go on anti nuclear protest marches, she would have
been right at home at Greenham Common. She would read the
"International Times"

Sarsi would have a mohican and a "Motorhead" t-shirt and very heavy
leather boots with thick soles. She would go to festivals and drink
cider but also plot World domination while at it (A role player
perhaps?), lots of gothic jewellery, upside down pewter crucifixes
etc. She's hang around with bikers. She would read "Kerrang"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 28th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message

If somehow your owners got turned into Hoomin's what sort of Hoomin
would they be?

KittyFC would be Germaine Greer, fierce feminist. Boyfie, such a gentle
kind boy would probably be a wildlife photographer for the BBC.

LOL - I think he'd rather *eat* the wildlife than photograph it.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 28th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:
I was thinking about this the other day and thought I would throw it
in

If somehow your owners got turned into Hoomin's what sort of Hoomin
would they be?

It's not easy to take out the inherent catness and see what's left! But
here goes:

Miranda would be a gorgeous long-legged girl in her late teens, and well
aware of her beautiful looks. Spoiled rotten, and expecting adoration
from everyone, as long as they kept a respectful distance. Very
opinionated. But sometimes when alone with Mum, she'd let down her tough
exterior and be a cuddly little baby.

Caliban would be a not-too-bright but kind-hearted clown. The kind who
is funny all the time without meaning to be. This is also why he would
get along with everyone. To Mir he would be the bratty and annoying
little brother whom she loves but can't stand. His catch phrase is,
'Huh? Did I miss something? What'd I miss? Huh?'

Frank was such a gentleman all his life. Always courteous and kind
towards strangers. He took the best care of his adopted daughter and
always tried to protect her, though Nikki didn't really want protection.
He was a diplomat who tried to negotiate rather than fight with those
who tried to usurp his territory (on the island).

Nikki was a little punk. She adored her adopted Dad but no one else -
she hated the rest of the world. She caused Frank much grief with her
antics. She was a great huntress and didn't care who got hurt in the
process. Broke quite a few hearts during her lifetime, too. She was
opinionated, self-serving, and couldn't have cared less for social
conventions.

Old January 28th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Caliban would be a not-too-bright but kind-hearted clown. The kind who
is funny all the time without meaning to be. This is also why he would
get along with everyone. To Mir he would be the bratty and annoying
little brother whom she loves but can't stand. His catch phrase is,
'Huh? Did I miss something? What'd I miss? Huh?'

You forgot to mention that even if he's not the sharpest knife in the
drawer, and tends to be a bit goofy, he can always get by on his good
looks.

Joyce
Old January 29th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message

If somehow your owners got turned into Hoomin's what sort of Hoomin
would they be?

KittyFC would be Germaine Greer, fierce feminist. Boyfie, such a gentle
kind boy would probably be a wildlife photographer for the BBC.

LOL - I think he'd rather *eat* the wildlife than photograph it.

Ah, that might be his trick!
Seriously, he has not caught anything with a pulse for ages. He is 5 years
old now and cannot be bothered in the winter.
It's cold enough for him to eat his breakfast, go out briefly for toilet
duties, sleep on the spare bed all day, eat his evening meal, have a brief
rat patrol and rub his cheeks over his territory. Kitty can forget about
getting her collared doves for now. He wants the duvet.

Tweed

Old January 30th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I was thinking about this the other day and thought I would throw it
in
If somehow your owners got turned into Hoomin's what sort of Hoomin
would they be?

Muriel would be an elegant old lady who dressed exclusively in Liberty
silks and Barbour tweeds and read "The Lady" and "Country Life" while
complaining how downmarket they'd got lately.

Ishtar would be a little old housewife with a shopping cart who read
"The People's Friend" and "Australian Women's Weekly" and knew
everybody in the village.

Chloe would be a New Ageish ex-hippie who had a vast stack of self
help and astrology books and magazines with the corners of every page
about phobias turned back and half the stories circled in magic marker.

Marblecake would be a Glaswegian schemie mother starting to run to fat
dressed in a tracksuit and bling jewellery. Reads celebrity magazines,
particularly ones with stories about stars abandoning their kids and
getting away with it.

Splodge would be a lad-to-Dad character with fading "Born to Raise Hell"
tattoos and interesting scars, the complete set of Nick Hornby books,
all the "Which" issues covering children's toys and every newspaper's
school league tables carefully filed away.

The kittens: Ollie would be a teenager who insisted on a clean white
shirt every day and read the Financial Times to be sure that his first
job would be with a firm whose pension plan was sound. Courtney would
be a sk8er grrl in hotpants and a bandanna with a record number of
friends on her Facebook page and her main influence listed as Amy
Winehouse.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old January 30th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
I was thinking about this the other day and thought I would throw it
in

If somehow your owners got turned into Hoomin's what sort of Hoomin
would they be?

I know its only a "what if" question, and I've tried but for the life of me
I cannot imagine either Jake or Molly as any sort of a human. Both have so
many contradictions in their personalities that would be incompatible with
life on the human plane.

Or to put it differently, no human could get away with what the two of them
get away with regularly.

Jo