Whack-a-Slave

Old March 14th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Whack-a-Slave

It is now 9 AM, I went to bed at 6 AM.....don't ask....

Mayhem jumped on my back at around 8:15 and leaned down and meowed
these cute little meows in my ear. I would ignore her cause I was
trying to get some sleep.

After doing that for a half hour she jumped onto my nightstand. After
staring at me some more she then jumped off the nightstand, taking my
glasses and half my pill vials with her, creating a terrible racket
that definitely woke me up.

They are now munching away, while I'm still exhausted, but can't seem
to fall asleep.

Hmph......

kristi
going to curl up on the couch since the BF is hogging the bed.
Old March 14th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote:
The worst thing, though, is that I know that
he *waits* for those fingers or toes to appear, then he stalks them. I have
caught him at it plenty of times. I've awakened, and looked around to see
(just barely) him sitting by the bed, staring up at me with wackadoodle
eyes.

I also like your term, "wackadoodle eyes"!

Around here, we have the opposite problem. The cats complain that
they often wake up to see their hoomin staring at them with
wackadoodle eyes, right before they get smooched on the head!
Old March 15th 09, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Mar 10, 9:58*pm, Marina wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

Actually, it should be "grab-a-slave," but "whack-a-slave" sounds
better. There are are a few things Dante likes to do at night. *One is
take up as much as the bed as he can. *This is the least annoying thing.
*Another is run around like a chicken without a head, whacking his
toys all over the house, and making various "sksh sksh sksh THUD BANG
CRASH" noises. * He still plays like a kitten, but he is BIG, and
although he likes to jump, he's not great at it. :P

The last is why I have to be very careful at night that none of my
fingers or toes sticks out over the edge of the bed (and I like to
*stretch*, so this can be a problem). *I will be peacefully dozing off,
and I will suddenly feel his little needles go into said finger or toe,
and have to peel myself off the ceiling. *The worst thing, though, is
that I know that he *waits* for those fingers or toes to appear, then he
stalks them. *I have caught him at it plenty of times. *I've awakened,
and looked around to see (just barely) him sitting by the bed, staring
up at me with wackadoodle eyes.

LOL! 'wackadoodle eyes' Hehehe. I'm so glad Caliban decided early on
that he likes to sleep at night. He comes in after I turn off the light
(I hear him stomping - he walsk very heavily), jumps up on the bed, and
curls up beside my legs. The worst thing that might happen is that he
starts a session of competitive grooming with Miranda and it
deteriorates into a wrestling match. On top of me.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.- Hide quoted text -

Heh, you're lucky. Night time seems to be the time my girls most enjoy
a good chase-race around the apartment in the dark, sometimes
galloping over me in the dark.

Nina's defense is her adorable wide-eyed "who ME?" look. Still makes
her slave a puddle of cooing jelly. Francesca just brazens everything
out and looks extremely elegant while doing so.

On chilly nights, Nina likes to burrow under the covers and use me as
a heater. This is sweet, but how can a ten pound cat take up so much
ROOM?

Melissa

Thanks, slave! Pat[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 January 23rd 09 07:54 AM
Only slave to one now Yowie Cat anecdotes 26 April 13th 08 10:09 PM
you know you are a slave Stormmee Cat anecdotes 8 January 18th 08 01:42 PM
u know you're a cat slave if... reeper Cat health & behaviour 0 June 13th 07 02:04 AM
Cat slave or what?? Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 August 22nd 06 10:20 PM