My SO's Cat Precious, RB 12/22/14

Old December 22nd 14, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default My SO's Cat Precious, RB 12/22/14

John has been worried about Precious and we've talked quite a bit about
her over the last week. She was getting finicky and not wanting to eat.
Over the last two days he couldn't even tempt her with meat, fresh or
cooked.

He took her to the vet this morning. Based on what we'd talked about I
stressed he should have them specifically test for kidney problems.
Sure enough, they'd pretty much shut down. (sigh)

He did the kind thing and let her go. Precious was a 16 year old grey
tabby with sort of a Meezer face.

Jill
Old December 22nd 14, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/22/2014 4:34 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:30:25 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

John has been worried about Precious and we've talked quite a bit about
her over the last week. She was getting finicky and not wanting to eat.
Over the last two days he couldn't even tempt her with meat, fresh or
cooked.

He took her to the vet this morning. Based on what we'd talked about I
stressed he should have them specifically test for kidney problems.
Sure enough, they'd pretty much shut down. (sigh)

He did the kind thing and let her go. Precious was a 16 year old grey
tabby with sort of a Meezer face.

Hard enough decision to make any time, but surely worse
being around the holidays.

I'm sure one of the reasons he needed to talk so much about her this
past week is he was really hoping not to have to make that decision.
You're right, it's not easy even when we know deep inside it's for the best.

But if she had a good life, it's all one can expect.

I think she was a happy cat, at least after he adopted her a few years
ago. He spoiled her.

Jill
Old December 23rd 14, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~
John made the kindest decision. I have said several times on this group
that I consider that to be the final gift of love. John is suffering, but
his decision saved Precious from painful days. She had a good life while
she was in John's care.

MaryL

Old December 23rd 14, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 12/22/2014 4:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:

John has been worried about Precious and we've talked quite a bit about
her over the last week. She was getting finicky and not wanting to eat.
Over the last two days he couldn't even tempt her with meat, fresh or
cooked.

He took her to the vet this morning. Based on what we'd talked about I
stressed he should have them specifically test for kidney problems. Sure
enough, they'd pretty much shut down. (sigh)

He did the kind thing and let her go. Precious was a 16 year old grey
tabby with sort of a Meezer face.

Jill

I'm very sorry for his loss.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old December 23rd 14, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 12/23/2014 2:27 PM, Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
John has been worried about Precious and we've talked quite a bit about
her over the last week. She was getting finicky and not wanting to eat.
Over the last two days he couldn't even tempt her with meat, fresh or cooked.

He took her to the vet this morning. Based on what we'd talked about I
stressed he should have them specifically test for kidney problems. Sure
enough, they'd pretty much shut down. (sigh)

He did the kind thing and let her go. Precious was a 16 year old grey
tabby with sort of a Meezer face.

Jill

So sad. ;-( purrs for, John.

Purrs and sympathy from me as well.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old December 24th 14, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_18_]

Joy wrote in :

Purrs and sympathy from me as well.

Joy

Very big hugs from me
Old December 24th 14, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Monday, December 22, 2014 4:30:29 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
John has been worried about Precious and we've talked quite a bit about
her over the last week. She was getting finicky and not wanting to eat.
Over the last two days he couldn't even tempt her with meat, fresh or
cooked.

He took her to the vet this morning. Based on what we'd talked about I
stressed he should have them specifically test for kidney problems.
Sure enough, they'd pretty much shut down. (sigh)

He did the kind thing and let her go. Precious was a 16 year old grey
tabby with sort of a Meezer face.

Jill

PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr