Attack kitten!

Old February 20th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Attack kitten!

Last night, I apparently had a sudden infestation of greeblings and
bed mice at about 3 AM, and Everett was pressed into service. He
attacked my foot with claws fully extended, which pierced through the
comforter and sheet, and then through the thin skin on my instep. I
let out a shriek that should have had the neighbors calling the cops
(although I heard no sirens). Of course, Everett went flying, as
did Licky and Smudge. Roxy isn't so easily scared off, but she did
get up and change positions groggily.

Since I was up, I went to the bathroom and put peroxide on the
scratch. That keeps it from itching, which in my case can get pretty
intense and keep me up even longer.

When I got back to bed, I dislodged everyone and closed the door. I
know, sounds heartless, but I absolutely *had* to get a decent night's
sleep. They were all happy to see me when I got up several hours
later, so it was worth it. (But I'm still not very well-rested!)

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 20th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

hehehe

I remember when I fostered Stinky Nick.

About 5 am he got the bed zoomies, and was literally BOUNCING all over
the bed. And at one point he bounced from the bed to my stomach and
landed right on my face.

And then he went flying through the air as I sat up screaming.

I went to work with a nice 3 inch scratch on my face.

*sigh*

Kristi

Old February 20th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AZ Nomad wrote:

Since I was up, I went to the bathroom and put peroxide on the
scratch. That keeps it from itching, which in my case can get pretty
intense and keep me up even longer.

When I got back to bed, I dislodged everyone and closed the door. I
know, sounds heartless, but I absolutely *had* to get a decent night's
sleep. They were all happy to see me when I got up several hours
later, so it was worth it. (But I'm still not very well-rested!)

Did you experience the joy of seeing little red dots on the floor all the
way from bedroom to bathroom?

Heh, I wasn't bleeding that badly. I'm not even sure I was bleeding that
much at all, but it really hurt when he landed on me, and soon after, it
began itching. I have a history of getting intense itch attacks in various
places on my arms, hands and feet, even without a cat scratch, which often
ends up with me taking off a layer of skin scratching and scratching. So
I didn't want to fool around with it. Peroxide is great for stopping the
itch from cat scratches.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 20th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad

On 20 Feb 2008 07:59:21 GMT, wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

[...]

I once had a kitty who tried to jump up on the bed, but didn't quite make it.
Out came the claws as he slipped off and he racked my big toe and sliced
it open.
Old February 20th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
[...]

Holy Moses, Joyce! You ungrateful mommy! I confess, I have to eject Dante
sometimes because of his penchant for giving me violent shiatsu massages
after midnight.

Old February 20th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:39:11 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Last night, I apparently had a sudden infestation of greeblings and
bed mice at about 3 AM, and Everett was pressed into service. He
attacked my foot with claws fully extended, which pierced through the
comforter and sheet, and then through the thin skin on my instep. I
let out a shriek that should have had the neighbors calling the cops
(although I heard no sirens). Of course, Everett went flying, as
did Licky and Smudge. Roxy isn't so easily scared off, but she did
get up and change positions groggily.

None of mine do that any more. The only claw issues I have to deal with
are Amelia and Harri climbing into my lap and using claws to hold on, and
Harri's occasional clawful "pick me up" notices.

For some reason Harri has decided that the best way to ask me to pick her
up is to stand up with her paws on my leg. If I don't respond quickly
enough, or if I've been giving Amelia too much lap time, Harri then
extends all of her front claws and digs them into my leg. That hurts!

I don't know if I'd be able to sleep on a bed without any kitties. I'm so
used to having cats on the bed with me... Though I must admit it sometimes
gets to be a bother when I have to arrange myself around Sammy, Ranger, or
Amelia.

RECALL: Lick your chops kitten/cat dry, Evolve kitten and more coming buglady Cat health & behaviour 0 May 18th 07 01:19 PM
attack of a crazy kitten Karen Cat health & behaviour 4 July 1st 04 11:23 PM
attack of the kitten Rach Cat health & behaviour 26 June 16th 04 11:00 PM
attack of the kitten Rach Cats - misc 26 June 16th 04 11:00 PM
attack of the kitten [email protected] Cats - misc 2 May 28th 04 03:37 AM