cat with a dog brain

Old January 16th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad

Default cat with a dog brain

Mongo, our loud mouthed siamese housemate, in many ways acts like a dog.
Outside, he'll come if I call him. If I walk somewhere within a block of
the house like the pool, a neighbor, etc., he'll follow along about 10' behind
the whole way. When I was at an apartment complex, he used to walk with me
to the mailbox every day.

His latest doglike activity is that he is getting really pushy when we have
dinner. We usually eat dinner in the living room in front of the TV and
mongo always gets some of what I'm having. Last night we had pork chops and
he ate about the equivelent of 4 human mouthfuls. At some point I'll say
"that's it!" and he used to know that he wasn't getting any more. Now, he's
not satisfied with that and will walk right over to my plate and try to help
himself. With that siamese cat stubborness, he is like an untrained dog.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27707...qqL?vhost=pets
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20410...BIL?vhost=pets
http://pets.webshots.com/video/30804...TpY?vhost=pets
Old January 17th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

AZ Nomad wrote:

His latest doglike activity is that he is getting really pushy when we have
dinner. We usually eat dinner in the living room in front of the TV and
mongo always gets some of what I'm having. Last night we had pork chops and
he ate about the equivelent of 4 human mouthfuls. At some point I'll say
"that's it!" and he used to know that he wasn't getting any more. Now, he's
not satisfied with that and will walk right over to my plate and try to help
himself. With that siamese cat stubborness, he is like an untrained dog.

Caliban is like that when it comes to food. Even though he knows by now
that I never have any meat on my plate, he still needs to inspect
everything I'm eating and tries to steal bits off my plate.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27707...qqL?vhost=pets
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20410...BIL?vhost=pets
http://pets.webshots.com/video/30804...TpY?vhost=pets

I hadn't seen that video. Miranda is a climber like that. Caliban tries
to, but he just doesn't have the body for it.

Old January 17th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:35:45 +0200, Marina wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

His latest doglike activity is that he is getting really pushy when we have
dinner. We usually eat dinner in the living room in front of the TV and
mongo always gets some of what I'm having. Last night we had pork chops and
he ate about the equivelent of 4 human mouthfuls. At some point I'll say
"that's it!" and he used to know that he wasn't getting any more. Now, he's
not satisfied with that and will walk right over to my plate and try to help
himself. With that siamese cat stubborness, he is like an untrained dog.

Caliban is like that when it comes to food. Even though he knows by now
that I never have any meat on my plate, he still needs to inspect
everything I'm eating and tries to steal bits off my plate.

Mongo hasn't gotten that aggressive yet. About the worst thing he does is
wave a paw over my plate. I used to have a bread machine and eat fresh bread
from it and had a kitty who liked to eat anything I was eating especially
potato chips and bread. I'd be watching TV and a paw would come out of
nowhere and snatch the bread. It's only a matter of time before Mongo does
the same.

Old January 20th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Marina wrote:

Caliban is like that when it comes to food. Even though he knows by now
that I never have any meat on my plate, he still needs to inspect
everything I'm eating and tries to steal bits off my plate.

snip

Soncek is a food inspector too. Even though he doesn't eat any of the
food I eat, he still needs to see if anything might appeal to him.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 20th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:16:31 +0100, polonca12000 wrote:
Marina wrote:

Caliban is like that when it comes to food. Even though he knows by now
that I never have any meat on my plate, he still needs to inspect
everything I'm eating and tries to steal bits off my plate.

snip

Soncek is a food inspector too. Even though he doesn't eat any of the
food I eat, he still needs to see if anything might appeal to him.

Another doglike trait of mongo's: he prefers dogfood to catfood.

Old January 20th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AZ Nomad wrote:

Another doglike trait of mongo's: he prefers dogfood to catfood.

That's unusual! It's usually the other way around - a dog preferring
cat food, because it's all meat (or more meat, anyway).

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 21st 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

When I had my scooter, she and the cats wee grazers! They ate out of each
others dishes on a regular basis. I think O. T. has lost some weight since
he doesn't have to dog food anymore.