I've made an ass of myself in another ng

Old January 10th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I've made an ass of myself in another ng

I'm very sorry to hear that news. Mega purrs coming for your whole
family - especially your Mom who is having to shoulder an extra burden
keeping this secret from your Dad.

Unfortunately, I imagine my Mom would go through the same thing. She's
a retired RN who wants to know exactly what to expect. Dad just wants
to know what the Dr wants him to do - doesn't want to know long term
prognosis or chances of full recovery. Just wants to know what does he
need to do to have the best chance of recovery, and once he's told
what that Dr wants him to do he becomes almost obsessed with doing
exactly that. Dad has had two cancer scares - prostrate and some type
of cancer which resulted in amputation of the end of his thumb.
Really, his only concern is that he doesn't want to end up spending
years in a nursing home like his Dad did for the last 20 years of his
life.

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 16:16:22 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Apparently the doctors told my mom he's dying, no surgery, no chemo doesn't
mean a *good* thing. Means there is nothing they can do, but she had to
whisper about it to me over the phone. At any rate, I'm a bit upset and I
said some things on another ng which were not warranted due to the stress of
it all. So I hope everyone here will be a tad tolerant if I spout off when
it's not um,,, appropriate. I'll try to contain myself.

My offer to move down to the South Carolina low country still stands with my
mom. Persia might find the lizards interesting

Jill

--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 11th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Apparently the doctors told my mom he's dying, no surgery, no chemo doesn't
mean a *good* thing. Means there is nothing they can do, but she had to
whisper about it to me over the phone. At any rate, I'm a bit upset and I
said some things on another ng which were not warranted due to the stress of
it all. So I hope everyone here will be a tad tolerant if I spout off when
it's not um,,, appropriate. I'll try to contain myself.

I'm sorry about this news, Jill. Purrs for your family.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 11th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Like Marina, I'm very sorry to hear that news, Jill. Stress at this
time is totally understandable.

Purrs and meatloaf meditations to you from

Melissa
Panther, Francesca and Nina

Old January 15th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jill,
I got behind in reading the the posts, so I'm reading both old and new
posts. I'm sorry about your Dad. Purrs for you and your family.
Suz&Spicey