How much space for a cat?

Old February 28th 04, 04:19 PM
Jacqueline

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:29:54 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:40:59 +0000, Jacqueline
wrote:

The fact is you talk out yer arse. Most people on this groups seem to
be American and you're upholding yourself as the spokesperson for the
UK. Well, for the benefit of our American posters, Bob's opinions are
only that - opinions. And very narrow-minded ones at that.

And you are just a barefaced lying troll - the sort of animal abusing
scum that gets treated with contempt in the UK.

Now do shut up you stupid troll.

Ha! You calling *me* a troll?!?! Talk about pot and kettle. I've never
trolled any group in my life and I don't intend to start now. Idiot.
Old February 28th 04, 06:36 PM
Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
I prefer to take their word too. And from my years of experience with
them (as a member, volunteer and adopter), I've learned that they can
and do rehome healthy indoor only cats. Argue all you like but that's
the bottom line.

*shrug*

As already explained. You are either a liar or a troll.

You're making that claim - prove it. Jacqueline has offered evidence for
hers. You're required to offer some evidence that Jacqueline is lying
(no, offering evidence for your original claim won't do the trick, and
in any case you haven't accomplished that - all you've been doing is
practising argument by repeated assertion, which never works).

Incidentally, do you have a catflap? I sincerely hope so. Otherwise,
there will be points at which your cats desire to go outside or come
inside, and by your own argument, not to allow a cat free passage is an
act of cruelty. Cats are, obviously, freely-roaming creatures, and if
it's cruel to confine them, then it must be cruel to confine them even
temporarily...

....mustn't it...?

In fact, one could even argue that since cats are genetically identical
to at least one species of wildcat, and can freely interbreed with
them, then to attempt to keep them as pets in any way is an
interference with their natural life, and thereby an act of abuse.

But I doubt you are about to set yours free... are you, Bob? Would you
look for them if they didn't come home?

*sigh* I remember when you started posting here... you seemed so
amusing, so promising... What happened, Bob? What happened?
--
Gwenhwyfaer (shaking head sadly)

some girls wander by themselves

Old February 28th 04, 06:40 PM
Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
the sort of animal abusing
scum that gets treated with contempt in the UK.

By whom, exactly?

f keeping indoor-only cats was an act of abuse, the RSPCA would seize
the cats and rehome them. Please provide precise documentary evidence
that this occurs. I _will_ be verifying any case you put forward.
--
Gwenhwyfaer (British, cat-slave, all cats currently outside)

some girls wander by themselves

Old February 28th 04, 08:25 PM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:

The fact is you talk out yer arse. Most people on this groups seem to
be American and you're upholding yourself as the spokesperson for the
UK. Well, for the benefit of our American posters, Bob's opinions are
only that - opinions. And very narrow-minded ones at that.

And you are just a barefaced lying troll - the sort of animal abusing
scum that gets treated with contempt in the UK.

Now do shut up you stupid troll.

Ha! You calling *me* a troll?!?!

Or a liar, it has to be or the other.

Talk about pot and kettle. I've never
trolled any group in my life and I don't intend to start now. Idiot.

In that case you are owning up to being a liar. Fine, I can live with
that.

--
Bob.

Try not to let your mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be
out by itself.

Old February 29th 04, 11:14 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:40:09 +0000, Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil
wrote:

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
the sort of animal abusing
scum that gets treated with contempt in the UK.

By whom, exactly?

True animal lovers.

f keeping indoor-only cats was an act of abuse, the RSPCA would seize
the cats and rehome them. Please provide precise documentary evidence
that this occurs. I _will_ be verifying any case you put forward.

Sadly the RSPCA are renowned for not taking the action they should in
a wide variety of animal abuse issues.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.

Old February 29th 04, 11:46 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:36:04 +0000, Gwenhwyfaer de Tierveil
wrote:

Quoth Bob Brenchley.:
I prefer to take their word too. And from my years of experience with
them (as a member, volunteer and adopter), I've learned that they can
and do rehome healthy indoor only cats. Argue all you like but that's
the bottom line.

*shrug*

As already explained. You are either a liar or a troll.

You're making that claim - prove it. Jacqueline has offered evidence for
hers. You're required to offer some evidence that Jacqueline is lying
(no, offering evidence for your original claim won't do the trick, and
in any case you haven't accomplished that - all you've been doing is
practising argument by repeated assertion, which never works).

Strange, I've seen no evidence which carries any weight from her.
Given her stance, that she has had healthy cats placed in her care by
Cats Protection, with CP knowing in advance that she will be keeping
them indoors 24/7, we are left with only two alternatives that fit
reality. Either she is lying and the cats are not normal healthy cats,
or she is just trolling (another form of lying).

When you have worked with Cats Protection, and known as many other
people who worked with them as I have, you can see through her very
easily.

Incidentally, do you have a catflap?

Yes, both in the house and in the office.

I sincerely hope so. Otherwise,
there will be points at which your cats desire to go outside or come
inside, and by your own argument, not to allow a cat free passage is an
act of cruelty. Cats are, obviously, freely-roaming creatures, and if
it's cruel to confine them, then it must be cruel to confine them even
temporarily...

THERE are times when it is necessary to confine them, mine are usually
in overnight, but that is as much for the safety of other animals as
their own.

...mustn't it...?

In fact, one could even argue that since cats are genetically identical
to at least one species of wildcat, and can freely interbreed with
them, then to attempt to keep them as pets in any way is an
interference with their natural life, and thereby an act of abuse.

I don't approve of more of the misbred "pedigree" cats and most normal
cats elect to live with us.

But I doubt you are about to set yours free... are you, Bob? Would you
look for them if they didn't come home?

Of course I would look for them, but the point is that they are free
to go elsewhere if they wanted.

*sigh* I remember when you started posting here... you seemed so
amusing, so promising... What happened, Bob? What happened?

Several years of dealing with lying animal abusing trolls.

--
Bob.

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, "Let there be
Light." And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.