Sweet Pea is gone. Candle lighting

Old June 21st 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

Default Sweet Pea is gone. Candle lighting

For a dear friend retired in Florida who got Sweet Pea only in
March.

History:

"I got a little more information on her history. She was one of 45
Persians that were rescued from an owner that apparently was not doing
a very good job of caring for them. That may explain a bit of why she
is smaller. I picked up Sweet Pea in Orlando about noon today. When I
took her out of her foster mom's carrier to put her in mine, she
crawled up my chest, put her head in my neck and purred. I don't think
it was my cologne she liked, she was just happy someone rescued her
from that carrier. But she didn't argue when I put her in mine, just
walked in, turned around ,meowed once, laid down and went to sleep.
She's a bit small for her age I think, about 4-5lbs. Her coat is
healthy, eyes clear, nose clean and everything is proportionate. I
think with some quality food and TLC, she will soon begin to pick up
some weight. She will be 4 years old the end of June. "

Sweet Pea died suddenly tonight. She was taken to the vets for
autopsy. She just died.

Please sign a candle for grieving Steve. He is retired and living in
Florida. He just adopted another stray only a couple weeks ago, but
is in total shock about her cherished Sweet Pea.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...fm?l=eng&gi=SP

Thank you!

Old June 21st 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 20, 7:57 pm, yepp wrote:
[...]

Purrs and tears for Steve. And for Sweet Pea, although she is beyond
pain and fear and may well be there to greet her One True Hoomin when
he arrives at the Rainbow Bridge. They only had a short time together
but they won each others' hearts and it shows in your words and his.

--
Will in New Haven

Old June 21st 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Jun 20, 8:42 pm, "Granby" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for lighting candles everyone. I know how much it meant to me
when Casey died and I still get candles lit from December. I know
Steve is going to bookmark that page and read them all over and over
and over. It helps to know you have support from other pet lovers
with this tremendous grief.
Old June 21st 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"yepp" wrote in message
[...]

My deepest sympathy to Steve. I have lit a candle.

Joy

Old June 21st 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:57:28 -0700 (PDT), yepp
wrote:

[...]

This is my absolute worst nightmare.

Poor kitty. And poor Steve. He must be devastated.

Purrs for his broken heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old June 22nd 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Jun 20, 7:57 pm, yepp wrote:
[...]

Thanks for thinking of Sweet Pea and Steve and lighting a candle. He
was really touched by the outpouring of support in this time of
grief. He got the vet's autopsy report yesterday and he said:

"I spoke with the Vet today. Sweet Pea died of heart failure. She was
always so tiny and never gained any weight to speak of. But she was
fairly active so I never gave it another thought. Figured that was
just the way she would always be; tiny and skinny. Apparently her
heart was just not the way it should be. Even if a vet had discovered
this, there was nothing to be done for it."

Old June 22nd 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
rb

yepp wrote:

Sweet Pea died suddenly tonight. She was taken to the vets for
autopsy. She just died.

Please sign a candle for grieving Steve. He is retired and living in
Florida. He just adopted another stray only a couple weeks ago, but
is in total shock about her cherished Sweet Pea.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...fm?l=eng&gi=SP

Thank you!

Abundant purrs and gentle headbumps are sent to Steve.

Old June 24th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

yepp wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry. I lit a candle.
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old June 24th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

God, it is so hard...

Lighting a candle for dear Sweet Pea. She had three months of good, solid
love. I wish I could say it were enough consolation for someone who must be
in horrid grief. I can say your frind's love carried the baby safely over,
and they will have one heck of an eternity together someday.

Blessed be,
Baha