The Mighty Huntress rules!

Old June 21st 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default The Mighty Huntress rules!

Considering she's an old lady cat, minus fangs, only one eye... she's a
feisty and magnificent cat. And once again defies the vet: "Now she's only
got one eye, so no depth perception, she won't be able to hunt." Yeah,
right..

I've been having mole problems in the garden for a while. Underground mole
traps catching nada.

This morning who is looking partcularly smug as she's sat on the lawn
announcing "Mowz!"...

Oh yes, The Mighty Huntress is sat on the lawn, very dead mole at her feet.

What a wonderful cat. No more tunnel digging and undermining of the
ground... No more ricking of my weak ankle simply from a stroll in the
garden. Now I can get the mole deterrents in full swing to hopefully keep
the blighters at bay long term.

An hour later, I hear "Mowz!" again.

This time it is a mouse. She is sat next to it on the lawn. One very dead
mouse.

This helps keep the rodent population under control and away from poultry.

She is indeed Queen Of All She Surveys!

She is rewarded with slivers of her favourite ham.

Old June 21st 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Congratulations, Waffles, I hope she rules for many years to come.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 21st 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

I'm top posting as I don't want to cut one line of the Mighty Huntress's
exploits. She is truly magnificat.

Pam S. impressed

Old June 21st 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

[Waffles hunting story snipped]

She is indeed Queen Of All She Surveys!

She certainly is! You have natural rodent (and mole) control.

She is rewarded with slivers of her favourite ham.

She doesn't eat mole or mouse?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 21st 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

[Waffles hunting story snipped]

She is indeed Queen Of All She Surveys!

She certainly is! You have natural rodent (and mole) control.

She is rewarded with slivers of her favourite ham.

She doesn't eat mole or mouse?

No. She is a very good cat mummy and brings them to her hoomin kitten, or
tells the hoomin kitten where to find them....

Marble, on the other hand, is a headbiter/brainsucker... blech...

Francis is a good cat daddy.. sometimes. Other times he fancies a warm
snack.

Old June 22nd 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I've been having mole problems in the garden for a while. Underground mole
traps catching nada.

This morning who is looking partcularly smug as she's sat on the lawn
announcing "Mowz!"...

Oh yes, The Mighty Huntress is sat on the lawn, very dead mole at her feet.

Did she eat it?

The Victorian eccentrics William and Frank Buckland tried to eat their
way through every animal species native to Britain (including worms,
flies and cockroaches). They thought mole was the absolute pits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Buckland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Trevelyan_Buckland

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old June 22nd 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 21, 7:02 pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
I've been having mole problems in the garden for a while. Underground mole
traps catching nada.

This morning who is looking partcularly smug as she's sat on the lawn
announcing "Mowz!"...

Oh yes, The Mighty Huntress is sat on the lawn, very dead mole at her feet.

Did she eat it?

The Victorian eccentrics William and Frank Buckland tried to eat their
way through every animal species native to Britain (including worms,
flies and cockroaches). They thought mole was the absolute pits.

Many cats don't eat moles, even many cats who regularly kill them. My
friend Bruce had generations of barn cats that killed many mice,
squirrels and other critters and ate almost everything. But they
didn't eat moles, or at least they left a lot of dead, uneaten moles.

--
Will in New Haven

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Alfred Tennyson - "Ulysses"

Old June 24th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Great update!
Best wishes,